HIS HD 2900 pro in stock at Newegg

G

From waht I've seen it outdoes the 8800GTS 320 too. If only I'd waited two weeks to order...

T8RR8R

Distinguished
Feb 20, 2007
Finally something that'll drop the Nvidia prices a little.

I'm actually very surprised by the 2900 Pro, because it's performance is pretty good for the price point. Upper end midrange has just reached a little higher. Although I wonder how much of that 512 is helping it win over the 8800GTS 320MB. Hopefully they'll make a 2900Pro with less memory and drop the price to ~200 instead of 280.

Anoobis

Splendid
Feb 4, 2006
There won't be any HD2900Pros with memory under 512MB. If TGGA is correct (I think he's on the money too), these are HD2900XTs that couldn't cut it at full speed and have basically been issued a new SKU number. It also means that these cards won't be around for long because they're based on limited inventory.

However, there could be some sort of 256MB HD2950Pro down the road.

Honestly it's just an added benefit to get a well performing card with 512MB at this price point.

First off i agreed with anoobis about the price but having looked at the new egg site they have priced it the same as there cheapest 320gts so when you consider that it is better than the gts to start with and has more ram and overclocking possability which is never a given, well the x800 GTO2 was Gauranteed tho oc but you get the point i hope.I think the price is very reasonable and as its only expected to be a short run i cant really see a price drop but you never know.
Mactronix

pauldh

Illustrious

Yeah, agreed. And if supply isn't that plentiful, we may not see them come down under $250. Still a nice alternative to the 320MB GTS and if I didn't already have a GTS, I would have ordered that 2900 pro this morning. OC potential looks fabulous, although I have become an FSAA freak over the past couple years, so seeing the 2900's sometimes struggle with AA bugs me some. I'd still go 2900 pro over 320MB GTS today though.

pauldh

Illustrious
Yeah, that's nice, I agree with you again. Nice to see a few in stock too.

I just wish I needed one. What I need instead is a new mobo and an e6750 to go with my 8800GTS. I already have the DDR2 in stock and this single core FX55 isn't going to cut it much longer.