Where is the first item box?

Archived from groups: alt.games.resident-evil (More info?)

I've just gotten the first game in the series for GameCube and have quickly
used up my six item slots and can't find an item box to store surplus items
in. As a result, I can't progress because I can't pick up new items...

Have I walked right past one or is the first one you find not so obvious? I
can get over the awkward controls but this is starting to do my head in.

Archived from groups: alt.games.resident-evil (More info?)

In the mansion the item box are located at the bottom of the stairs on both
side of the mansion. Use your maps to located the item box.