What are the best 802.11n routers band now?

anlashok21

Distinguished
Jan 30, 2009
been looking for a round up, but haven't found any in the last few months. In an building w/ a lot of wireless networks that tend to knock my older belkin 802.11n out of the picture. Either weak or not even shown as available on wirelss. I am using the matching belkin wireless card. Will getting a dual band 2.4/5ghz band do the trick?

G

You're not alone in wondering about a switch to a different band -- at the last count I detected 33 other wireless networks in my immediate neighbourhood (outer-London area with many studio/bedsit apartments). I gather that it's not just networks causing problems either -- I can detect music servers and there's probably the usual mess of cordless phones and video senders.

If you can afford to buy alternative wireless networking equipment I suspect you'll enjoy some improvement.

Before you invest, do try the usual tricks with your Belkin stuff of experimenting with different channels, raising the router above furnishings, moving the computer close to the wall adjoining the router.