brian_macster

Distinguished
Sep 28, 2007
I've turned to TH simply because I'm out of ideas besides heading out and getting a new air cooler (which I really don't want to do unless I need to)

I did my time and searched the forums and Google on anything that would be equal to what I am experiencing but according to what others are saying and suggested other users doesn't quite match up to what I am having.

Using Everest Home Edition, I've been monitoring the GPU temp. Anytime when the temp reaches near 58ºC, most of my games start doing some crazy graphical glitches. Mind you, it is not as bad as it was after I changed cases (Now using a Antec P180B) it takes some time (30 minutes vs 15-20 minutes) for the card to get to the point where it glitches, all the time but once it's there.. it happens all the time.

Nothing is overclocked but I am running the stock cooler on my CPU and GPU.

Games it happens in seem to match up with everyone elses similar issues

Command and Conquer 3: Tiberium Wars
Need for Speed: Underground 2
Need for Speed: Most Wanted
Sonic Heroes
Supreme Commander

Troubleshooting...

Reinstalled Windows XP Professional
I've unchecked "Write Combining" in Settings/Advanced/Troubleshooting
Check power supply and noted it not to be an issue.
Each game shows graphical glitching when GPU is near 58ºC
Put a huge box fan on system, able to play games for hours without any issue, temp never rose above 45ºC
GPU at Idle is at 46-47ºC

1449182947_bed0c52f7d_o.jpg

1449183149_8fec6efa71_o.jpg

My System Specs

Antec P180B
Windows XP Professional
MSI K7N2 Delta-L/AMD Semptron 2500+ Stock Cooler
GeForce 7600GS 512MB AGP
1.5gb DDR Ram PC3200
Enermax Whisper 465W

So my next best question is what would be the best probable fix for this issue? I would eventually like to go Water Cooling for the silence but for now settling with Air Cooling until this Christmas when I sit down and do a complete upgrade to the computer.. for now the current system meets my needs and more so if I can fix this issue.

Thanks for your advice,

Brian

Thanks a lot!