Please help me, nothing on display.

fastin

Distinguished
Feb 13, 2007
Looking for a bit of help, I built a PC about 4-5 months ago and it has been working flawless. Zero issues, no crashes/hangs etc.

Today I went to boot up like normal and I get nothing on the display, Im not sure if it is posting or not...as I can't see anything.

No beeps etc. All fans are on and HD is spinning.

Im thinking video card as I have moved the monitor to another pc and it works. I dont have another Video card laying around so trying to figure out how I can troubleshoot this. Any help would be apperciated, thanks!

nikao_k10

Distinguished
Sep 10, 2007
Hi Fastin,

I had the EXACT same problem like you about 2 months ago. My machine worked great..no problem until it didn't show any POST or display, nor even any beeps but the fans and hard drives were spinning. I thought my videocard gave up or my CPU OR even the motherboard. I ended up finding out that one of the RAM sticks was faulty. I have 2 x 1GB. I took one of the sticks out and still no boot or display. I switched them and took the other one and it booted totally fine (except the fact that it was now only 1GB!). Anyways, I found out that I still had a year warranty on it and got a totally new set of 2GB OCZ RAM. Now it works great. Hopefully, this should help you out. If it doesn't....just do some trial and error. Good Luck.

akhilles

Splendid
Your hardware config is empty. List the specs. What did you do recently? Update bios? Is the pc overclocked?

You can start by clearing cmos, refer to the manual for how. If no trick, move everything out of the case and start with a barebone.