Cannot Delete xxx.xxx- The Directory Is Not Empty

Harmonica Bob

Distinguished
Feb 25, 2010
This problem started about 2 weeks ago. I have a Dell Computer. I store iTunes, excel, Word files and my external drive (E)

This is the sticker on my drive (E)
WWW.IOMEGA.COM
P/N: 31770000
MODEL: LPHD-UP
One day I was deleting my folder “Bob” from (E) so that I could paste the up-dated folder "Bob". Folder "Bob" did delete and it's name was changed to xxx.xxx.xxx. When I tried to delete xxx.xxx.xxx, a message came back: Cannot Delete Directory not empty. So I opened xxx.xxx.xxx in that folder was xxx.xxx. I got to folder xxx and a message came up: Drive E not formatted, would you like to format it now? [YES or NO] I selected No. I don’t want lose the one iTune that I can’t transfer from E drive to C drive. That is something I did not mention. I’m sure that it is not important. I was going take everything out of drive E and put it on drive C. I wanted to attempt fixing this problem by reformatting drive E. This one iTune does not transfer onto drive C and is no longer available. Does any one have an idea how to fix drive drive E- get rid of xxx.xxx.xxx?
Thank you.

This is the stickers on my tower.
Sticker 1:
Window XP Professional 1-2CPU
DELL
(Bar Code) 0932HY
Product Code: Deleted
(Bar Code) 00045-465-802-231

Sticker 2:
WWW.DELL.COM
Service Tag: Deleted
Express Service Code: Deleted

lembi2001

Distinguished
Jul 8, 2009
admins - remove this mans product code!!

Bob - you don't need to post the product code or your service tag information with these requests. have you tried to connect your external drive to another machne and done a virus scan on it?