RAID-0 - changed the SATA controllers

wanthuyr

Distinguished
Sep 23, 2006
Hello everyone,

I changed my video card to a model that is much bigger, in such a way that I had to change the SATA controllers of my HDs. I have 2 HDs SATAII, which were attached to the SATA1 and SATA2 controllers and the RAID-0 stuff was working greatly in Windows XP. By installing the new video card it was impossible to leave the HDs in the original controllers, because theses controllers are bellow the heatsink of the video card. Hence, I attached the HDs to the SATA3 an SATA4 controllers this way: SATA1 became SATA3 and SATA2 became SATA4. With this accomplished I went to the BIOS and configured accordingly. Boot/post occurs without further problems, HDs are recognized and even the RAID-0 array is recognized when I press F10 to enter the nVidia menu. But then, there is the problem: when Windows starts to be loaded it quickly ends in a blue screen showing that "STOP ... 7B" message. It doesn´t matter if I try to load normally or in the safe mode. My motherboard is an A8N32-SLI-Deluxe.

Thank you very much indeed for any ideas on how to solve this (without loosing my data :na: ).

Best regards,

WF

The_Monkey_Man

Distinguished
Feb 21, 2008
hey there,

I need to do the exact same thing, i have to move my sata connections to different sata controllers on my mobo (p5n32-e sli), the drives are in raid0, and yeah I get bsod just after winxp loading screen.

Did you figure out how to get this to work? Anyone know how to resolve this? I really don't want to reinstall winxp.

thanks.

wanthuyr

Distinguished
Sep 23, 2006
Hello,

I had to sort of dismantle my video card´s heatsink so that I could return to the original SATA ports. That definately wasn´t the best solution, but was the possible one, since my floppy drive got "out of order" I coundn´t even try a Repair Re-Install. Maybe repair re-installing would be a good approach, since the drivers and stuff could (or not) re-route to the new SATA ports and all that with minimum mess in the partition(s).
Next time I shall buy a new MoBO I will really take care regarding the layout of the board, to avoid this and other kinds of problems.

Rgds,

WF

The_Monkey_Man

Distinguished
Feb 21, 2008
i was doing some reading on the nvidia forums on this and it looks like another MAYBE solution would to delete the raid0 0 setup in mediashield and rebuild it (i personally think deleting raid 0 array from mediashield will wipe out the hd's of data).

Another thread mentioned this:
"Be sure that you have installed and using the same nforce sata raid driver for every sata controller and device under manager before changing the sata port."

The_Monkey_Man

Distinguished
Feb 21, 2008
okay reading some more, in mediashield you don't have to delete (coz if you do you lose everything!) to rebuild array. I'll try this once i ghost everything :)

TRENDING THREADS