Sign in with
Your question

E6750!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last response: in Overclocking
December 6, 2007 9:17:16 AM

I'm so confused help!

I'm ocing my e6750 with my p35 ds3r board.

In the bios, i set the bus speed to 413. So i am suppose to get 3.3ghz right?

When i boot up windows, the enter bios black screen shows me that my processor speed is 413x8 = 3.3ghz

Then when i check it using CPUZ and Core temp, it shows different things.

I am sure i set my multiplier to 8. And the ram ratio thing to 1:1.

Am i doing it right or what?

More about : e6750

a b à CPUs
a b K Overclocking
December 6, 2007 9:20:53 AM

Disable SpeedStep.
December 6, 2007 9:24:04 AM

How do i disable it. :( 
Related resources
December 6, 2007 9:25:01 AM

And whats a stable votage for 3.3ghz?
a b à CPUs
a b K Overclocking
December 6, 2007 9:26:20 AM

All CPU's are different. Read the Sticky's at the top of this Forum.
December 6, 2007 9:26:29 AM

SaMmM said:
And whats a stable votage for 3.3ghz?

Stable voltage is whatever you can run Prime95 for 8 hours with... It's different for everyone.

Read your BIOS manual, it is probably under the Power settings for your motherboard.

EIST (Enchanced Intel Speed Step Tech.) - Lowers the multiplier when the CPU is not under load to save power.
December 6, 2007 9:36:36 AM

Is there any increase danger to my CPU when disabling EIST?
December 6, 2007 9:42:17 AM

I disabled EIST in bios, and i still see the same readings in CPUZ and core temp!

Edit: Ok, core temp shows correctly.
But CPUZ stills show a x6 multiplier.
a b à CPUs
a b K Overclocking
December 6, 2007 9:54:51 AM

Thanks cnumartyr, I'm just tired right now and short of patience, so I'm inclined to give short answers... sorry SaMmM... here's a better answer to your Vcore / overclocking question:

There are no CPU's 100% identical. Every silicon semiconductor nano-circuit is unique, and has slightly different basic properties of electronics such as resistance, capacitance, inductance, impedance, and transconductance, and there are nearly 292 million transistors in a C2D. Although two consecutive serial number CPU's from the same fabrication, with the same stepping codes, may appear identical, they're yielded from different location on the silicon wafer from which they're manufactured, and like diamonds, each has it's own unique flaws.

Even though their dynamic operational characteristics may be very similar, no two CPU's will overclock to exactly the same stable maximum speed, at the same voltage, at the same temperature. Additionally, in a dual core processor, one core will always become unstable before the other. Successful overclocking is achieved through small increments, and requires a methodical approach, and a great deal of time and patience.

Regardless of effort, there are never any gaurantees; we can only say what is typical. Your particular E6750 simply may not be "clean" enough silicon, and may not be cooled well enough to reach your overclocking goal before Vcore pushes temperatures above safe levels on the scale. There's no way to predict an overclock until you try it. That's just the luck of the overclocking draw.

Comp :sol: 
December 6, 2007 10:14:47 AM

Double check your BIOS to make sure it's at 8x.

Coretemp won't read things properly sometimes... so..

Run Prime95 and see if CPU-Z changes the multiplier. If it does you did not properly disable EIST. If it doesn't I would double check all my settings in the BIOS and make SURE you have a 8x multiplier setup.

And Comp! No problem man, I didn't exactly give the full on explanation either.. You are always able to put it much more elloquently than I am willing to put the effort into doing. :kaola: 
December 6, 2007 10:26:39 AM

I have disable EIST in bios

When i run prime95, CPUZ changes the multiplier to 8, 3.3ghz.

What should i do now? I am sure i have disabled EIST.
a b à CPUs
a b K Overclocking
December 6, 2007 10:27:05 AM

Thanks cnumartyr. There is a small group of sharp regulars here on Tom's Forums that I can depend on to provide good support with accurate answers, and I consider you a member of that group. :wahoo: 
December 6, 2007 10:31:28 AM

help :( 
December 6, 2007 10:33:37 AM

SaMmM said:
help :( 

I hate to say it like this.

But you didn't disable it properly is what it comes down to. It's still doing it.

Just for giggles...find C1E and disable that as well. Should be somewhere with EIST. I disable both of them when OCing. Otherwise, take a picture of your BIOS settings on that page and post them up and we might be able to help.
December 7, 2007 1:33:28 AM

Well this is weird, i disabled c1e and it work!

Thanks guy!
December 7, 2007 1:35:50 AM

SaMmM said:
Well this is weird, i disabled c1e and it work!

Thanks guy!

Glad you got it worked out!
December 7, 2007 5:44:41 PM

CompuTronix said:
All CPU's are different. Read the Sticky's at the top of this Forum.

i have the same problem can someone help please :fou: 
December 7, 2007 5:46:59 PM

Post a new thread if you want help.
a b à CPUs
a b K Overclocking
December 7, 2007 5:51:09 PM

Thanks again cnumartyr... I was about to loose it... :pt1cable:  ... and post the "quote ot the year". :kaola: 
December 7, 2007 5:55:04 PM

CompuTronix said:
Thanks again cnumartyr... I was about to loose it... :pt1cable:  ... and post the "quote ot the year". :kaola: 

Very tempting to make that my sig.
a b à CPUs
a b K Overclocking
December 7, 2007 6:03:59 PM

I don't think he read my 3 prargraph follow-up explanation. :kaola: 
February 11, 2008 11:29:31 PM

CompuTronix said:
Thanks cnumartyr. There is a small group of sharp regulars here on Tom's Forums that I can depend on to provide good support with accurate answers, and I consider you a member of that group. :wahoo: 

Am I one of the lucky few to be considered for this honor? :p 

If I am, just list Cnu twice... Taught me all I needed to know to nail the "done it" details down.
February 11, 2008 11:34:05 PM

Did you have to drag an old thread up? :fou: 

Oh well, list Cnu a third time.
!