Win XP freezing

Tags:
  • Microsoft
  • Windows XP
July 8, 2005 7:21:09 PM

Hi,
I have Pentium 4 2.4GHz, 256 MB RAM, and Windows XP SP2 with new updates.

3 days ago I formated hdd because mu computer occasionally freezed, even
then I had Win XP SP2 + updates, and now I do all that from the beginning
and it 's the same problem (FREEZE) and I must restart again.

What is the problem, can I fix that,
Thanks

More about : win freezing

Anonymous
July 8, 2005 7:21:10 PM

Hi

Any error messages at all when the PC freezes? Are you using any particular
program when the PC freezes or is it a random freezing? Have a look in the
Event Viewer for any 'Errors', and if found could you please post the Event
ID and Source?

--

Will Denny
MS-MVP Windows Shell/User

"ANSWER" <info@oracle.com> wrote in message
news:D alufj$rcg$1@ariane.blic.net...
> Hi,
> I have Pentium 4 2.4GHz, 256 MB RAM, and Windows XP SP2 with new updates.
>
> 3 days ago I formated hdd because mu computer occasionally freezed, even
> then I had Win XP SP2 + updates, and now I do all that from the beginning
> and it 's the same problem (FREEZE) and I must restart again.
>
> What is the problem, can I fix that,
> Thanks
July 8, 2005 7:21:11 PM

Hi Will,
Please tell us how to find Event Viewer - Thanks!

Hi

Any error messages at all when the PC freezes? Are you using any particular
program when the PC freezes or is it a random freezing? Have a look in the
Event Viewer for any 'Errors', and if found could you please post the Event
ID and Source?

--

Will Denny
MS-MVP Windows Shell/User
Please reply to the News Groups

"ANSWER" <info@oracle.com> wrote in message
news:D alufj$rcg$1@ariane.blic.net...
> Hi,
> I have Pentium 4 2.4GHz, 256 MB RAM, and Windows XP SP2 with new updates.
>
> 3 days ago I formated hdd because mu computer occasionally freezed, even
> then I had Win XP SP2 + updates, and now I do all that from the beginning
> and it 's the same problem (FREEZE) and I must restart again.
>
> What is the problem, can I fix that,
> Thanks
July 8, 2005 7:55:45 PM

<<< R I N O >>> wrote:
> Hi Will,
> Please tell us how to find Event Viewer - Thanks!

> Hi
>
> Any error messages at all when the PC freezes? Are you using any particular
> program when the PC freezes or is it a random freezing? Have a look in the
> Event Viewer for any 'Errors', and if found could you please post the Event
> ID and Source?

Start > Run > eventvwr.msc

gls858
July 9, 2005 2:41:46 AM

gls858,
Thanks! For your valuable input. Regards, --Rino

"gls858" <gls858@yahoo.com> wrote in message
<<< R I N O >>> wrote:
> Hi Will,
> Please tell us how to find Event Viewer - Thanks!

> Hi
>
> Any error messages at all when the PC freezes? Are you using any particular
> program when the PC freezes or is it a random freezing? Have a look in the
> Event Viewer for any 'Errors', and if found could you please post the Event
> ID and Source?

Start > Run > eventvwr.msc

gls858
July 9, 2005 11:09:27 PM

ANSWER wrote:
> Hi,
> I have Pentium 4 2.4GHz, 256 MB RAM, and Windows XP SP2 with new updates.
>
> 3 days ago I formated hdd because mu computer occasionally freezed, even
> then I had Win XP SP2 + updates, and now I do all that from the beginning
> and it 's the same problem (FREEZE) and I must restart again.
>
> What is the problem, can I fix that,
> Thanks

I got rid of a freezing problem recently by cleaning up unneeded files
and then defragmenting.

Stan
July 9, 2005 11:39:01 PM

If reformatting didn't fix the problem then sounds like its hardware. Run
some diagnostics on your hardware. Is there a new version of the system
drivers or even the BIOS that states it could fix the (or a similar)
problem?
Damo

!