Win XP freezing

Hi,
I have Pentium 4 2.4GHz, 256 MB RAM, and Windows XP SP2 with new updates.

3 days ago I formated hdd because mu computer occasionally freezed, even
then I had Win XP SP2 + updates, and now I do all that from the beginning
and it 's the same problem (FREEZE) and I must restart again.

What is the problem, can I fix that,
Thanks
6 answers Last reply
More about freezing

    Hi

    Any error messages at all when the PC freezes? Are you using any particular
    program when the PC freezes or is it a random freezing? Have a look in the
    Event Viewer for any 'Errors', and if found could you please post the Event
    ID and Source?

    --

    Will Denny
    MS-MVP Windows Shell/User

    "ANSWER" <info@oracle.com> wrote in message
    > Hi,
    > I have Pentium 4 2.4GHz, 256 MB RAM, and Windows XP SP2 with new updates.
    >
    > 3 days ago I formated hdd because mu computer occasionally freezed, even
    > then I had Win XP SP2 + updates, and now I do all that from the beginning
    > and it 's the same problem (FREEZE) and I must restart again.
    >
    > What is the problem, can I fix that,
    > Thanks

    Hi Will,
    Please tell us how to find Event Viewer - Thanks!

    <<< R I N O >>> wrote:
    > Hi Will,
    > Please tell us how to find Event Viewer - Thanks!

    > Hi
    >
    > Any error messages at all when the PC freezes? Are you using any particular
    > program when the PC freezes or is it a random freezing? Have a look in the
    > Event Viewer for any 'Errors', and if found could you please post the Event
    > ID and Source?

    Start > Run > eventvwr.msc

    gls858

    gls858,
    Thanks! For your valuable input. Regards, --Rino

    "gls858" <gls858@yahoo.com> wrote in message
    <<< R I N O >>> wrote:
    > Hi Will,
    > Please tell us how to find Event Viewer - Thanks!

    > Hi
    >
    > Any error messages at all when the PC freezes? Are you using any particular
    > program when the PC freezes or is it a random freezing? Have a look in the
    > Event Viewer for any 'Errors', and if found could you please post the Event
    > ID and Source?

    Start > Run > eventvwr.msc

    gls858

    ANSWER wrote:
    > Hi,
    > I have Pentium 4 2.4GHz, 256 MB RAM, and Windows XP SP2 with new updates.
    >
    > 3 days ago I formated hdd because mu computer occasionally freezed, even
    > then I had Win XP SP2 + updates, and now I do all that from the beginning
    > and it 's the same problem (FREEZE) and I must restart again.
    >
    > What is the problem, can I fix that,
    > Thanks

    I got rid of a freezing problem recently by cleaning up unneeded files
    and then defragmenting.

    Stan

    If reformatting didn't fix the problem then sounds like its hardware. Run
    some diagnostics on your hardware. Is there a new version of the system
    drivers or even the BIOS that states it could fix the (or a similar)
    problem?
    Damo

    "ANSWER" <info@oracle.com> wrote in message
    > Hi,
    > I have Pentium 4 2.4GHz, 256 MB RAM, and Windows XP SP2 with new updates.
    >
    > 3 days ago I formated hdd because mu computer occasionally freezed, even
    > then I had Win XP SP2 + updates, and now I do all that from the beginning
    > and it 's the same problem (FREEZE) and I must restart again.
    >
    > What is the problem, can I fix that,
    > Thanks

Microsoft Windows XP