Integrated Graphics

Sagan369

Distinguished
Sep 28, 2007
My system uses an Intel Extreme Graphics integrated graphics setup, it doesn't show me how many MB it uses for video RAM. I have an NVIDIA GeForce4 MX420 card w 32 MB DDR SDRAM that i want to add. Will the motherboard automatically use the card if i add it, bypassing that integrated setup, or do I need to do something extra?

warezme

Distinguished
Dec 18, 2006

You will need to go into your system motherboard bios to see how much RAM is alloted to your built in video. It may even give you an option to increase or decrease the amount of shared RAM. You could also see how much system RAM is available and subtract from how much total installed to get an idea of how much shared is being used.

It would be best if you could go into the Bios and disable the built in video device after having installed your add on video to make sure it does not interfere.

Last, you may not see any performance boost from going with the built in compared to the MX420 but maybe a little with some good drivers.???

You dont say what your system is or what you will be using it for.

Sagan369

Distinguished
Sep 28, 2007
You will need to go into your system motherboard bios to see how much RAM is alloted to your built in video. It may even give you an option to increase or decrease the amount of shared RAM. You could also see how much system RAM is available and subtract from how much total installed to get an idea of how much shared is being used.

How is that accomplished exactly? Through the control panel?

TRENDING THREADS