Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

buying AMD 5200+ from Jordan is a stupid idea

Tags:
Last response: in CPUs
Share
September 15, 2007 8:49:56 PM

hi there
i know this is not place to post such a topic
but i need someone to give me some comments
as i am from jordan in the middle east
i search hardly to find an AMD CPU's
and all i found was a store were it sell the X2 5200+ 280 USD with its tax
so i purchased the 5600+ with www.newegg.com in about 150 USD
and overall 250 USD with shipping tax
does it sounds crazy ?

stupid
a b à CPUs
September 15, 2007 9:04:21 PM

i am in middle east in IRAN , and the price of some components here is more than the US , but X2 5200 is $132 and 5600 is $153

monitors , rams and vgas are quite more expensive than US
but CPUs and HDDs are fine
September 15, 2007 9:19:11 PM

i feel that the one store i found her in jordan is working illegaly
Related resources
September 15, 2007 9:22:46 PM

I didn't realize we had such a diverse group on tomshardware.
September 15, 2007 10:07:00 PM

Heyyou27 said:
I didn't realize we had such a diverse group on tomshardware.

Me either, i died'nt even know you could sale us technology in iran and jordan, but anyhow welcome my middle eastern brethern. The x2-5200 is a great cpu, but the x2 5600 is awesome, win win situation either way.
September 15, 2007 10:23:04 PM

hope newegg goes international
this may shake the many market strategy around us
September 15, 2007 10:47:31 PM

reconviperone1 said:
Me either, i died'nt even know you could sale us technology in iran and jordan, but anyhow welcome my middle eastern brethern.


American merchandise is sold everywhere internationally, if it weren't, they would make nowhere near as much profit as they do now.
The only problem is that taxes for electronics, especially in the middle-east, are exceptionally high. Often times you'll have to pay about twice as much as you do in the US to get the same component (sometimes it's less than that but you can be sure you'll pay at least an extra +30-50% of US prices).


Quote:
hope newegg goes international


Even if it does, you'll still have to pay an extra for international shipping and taxes, and that will raise the prices considerably. It might however still be cheaper than buying it locally.
June 1, 2012 7:01:58 PM

chechnyan said:
hi there
i know this is not place to post such a topic
but i need someone to give me some comments
as i am from jordan in the middle east
i search hardly to find an AMD CPU's
and all i found was a store were it sell the X2 5200+ 280 USD with its tax
so i purchased the 5600+ with www.newegg.com in about 150 USD
and overall 250 USD with shipping tax
does it sounds crazy ?

stupid


hi stupid
you did the right thing
because amd cpu's in jordan is multilied by 4
as i bought form the US amd cpu 8150FX .. 199$
and i searched in jordan i found it 385 JD MEANS MORE THAN 600 $

a b à CPUs
June 1, 2012 7:10:04 PM

^ You do realise the last post in this thread was from 2007 right?
!