q6600 temperature at @ 3.0 ghz

I just got this new liquid cooling

and i overclocked q6600 to 3.0 ghz and my Case temperature in front panel (LCD) shows 31 Celcius temp

and my mobo/speedfan temp shows its 55 (right know)

however system temperature shows also around 30's

i got this liquid cooling " GIGABYTE GH-WIU02 3D Galaxy II Liquid Cooling - Retail "

which one is telling me the right temperature? coz when i overclocked to 3.0 i really experianced much much more fps playing games!

my mobo is : asus p5k premium

thank you for any help!!!
11 answers Last reply
More about q6600 temperature
  1. The front panel is probably the temp of the water.

    Speedfan is more accurate.
  2. Hi thank you for your reply

    so your saying my mobo is telling me the real temperatures?

    because i know it seems weaird but when i just switched to that liquid cooling temperatures seem to be the same as when i had intel retail cpu cooler :(

    do you think something may be showing incorrect temps ? coz i am worried

    EDIT: i just realized temperatures even go up to 70 C ! ://
  3. patt2k said:
    Hi thank you for your reply

    so your saying my mobo is telling me the real temperatures?

    because i know it seems weaird but when i just switched to that liquid cooling temperatures seem to be the same as when i had intel retail cpu cooler :(

    do you think something may be showing incorrect temps ? coz i am worried


    You can try this:

    Read the thread from Comp at the top of the forum and calibrate your Speed Fan.

    You may need to reseat the heat sink, who nows. Gotta look into it a big more, but the front panel is definately not core temps.
  4. cnumartyr said:
    You can try this:

    Read the thread from Comp at the top of the forum and calibrate your Speed Fan.

    You may need to reseat the heat sink, who nows. Gotta look into it a big more, but the front panel is definately not core temps.


    How Do I reset heat sink?
  5. patt2k said:
    How Do I reset heat sink?


    Re-seat. Take it off, and put it back on. :)
  6. cnumartyr said:
    Re-seat. Take it off, and put it back on. :)



    OK thank you i will try that tomorrow

    what else can i do to check ??

    i just read reviews about this liquid cooling it's good for overclocking experts say
  7. calibrate speed fan to make sure you are reading things properly as per Comp's guide.

    After you do all this, let us know what you find.
  8. Hey sorry to bother you again could you tell me wattage / wats for q6600

    i forgot to add i was just testing overclock and i did set wattage to AUTo

    now i am back to 2.4 ghz normal temps are 39C - and 40's at idle


    + is there any tools to make liquid cooling like cool even more?
  9. patt2k said:
    Hey sorry to bother you again could you tell me wattage / wats for q6600

    i forgot to add i was just testing overclock and i did set wattage to AUTo

    now i am back to 2.4 ghz normal temps are 39C - and 40's at idle


    + is there any tools to make liquid cooling like cool even more?


    Stock wattage output is rated by intel at 95W.

    The tools to make liquid cool more are adding radiators and pumps. :D
  10. i fixed my problem! thank you so much for any help!

    what the problem was I did not put the themral paste on CPU! wow how could i forget about it ! i have no idea

    Topic may be closed~~ great community here i will come back ! :)
  11. patt2k said:
    i fixed my problem! thank you so much for any help!

    what the problem was I did not put the themral paste on CPU! wow how could i forget about it ! i have no idea

    Topic may be closed~~ great community here i will come back ! :)


    Glad you got it worked out! :D
Ask a new question

Read More

CPUs Water Cooling Temperature Overclocking