Sign in with
Your question

System Requirements lab has Crysis Specs !

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
a c 169 U Graphics card
September 28, 2007 7:44:09 PM

http://www.canyourunit.com/

scroll down and choose crysis
September 28, 2007 7:58:17 PM

wtf? how do they know? (and woot, the computer I'm using now passes the recomended apparently, and thats BEFORE I have gotten an 8800/2900) and, it seems they are sensible, it says the min/recommended specs are different with vista (higher)
September 28, 2007 8:38:04 PM

interesting...and yeah i get over recommended as well so thats cool if its true :D 

Related resources
a c 130 U Graphics card
September 28, 2007 8:39:36 PM

Wouldnt touch it with a barge poll just another third party fishing with a tasty worm to try and get you to give them access to your pc :pfff:  NOT gonna happen here.
And as for them having the crysis specs i have said it before and will say it again untill i see it on the incrysis sites WIKI i wont beleive it, they have a comp about it so wont release the answer early now will they?
Mactronix
September 28, 2007 8:59:50 PM

Its just a speculation wait until the game is finalized.
September 28, 2007 9:39:12 PM

mactronix said:
Wouldnt touch it with a barge poll just another third party fishing with a tasty worm to try and get you to give them access to your pc

actually, I didn't think about it from that angle, I suppose that is a security risk isn't it?
a c 130 U Graphics card
September 28, 2007 9:43:24 PM

Oh yes and while it says it wont take any more info than system specs it says nothing about not dropping a little data miner or some such,i mean it may well be legit but im not for taking a chance personally.
I just thought of another source i would trust as well The Back of the Box :lol: 
Mactronix
September 28, 2007 10:44:00 PM

I guess my system can run it.
September 29, 2007 9:04:57 AM

anyway, I'm impatient and I'm going to wipe this computer soon anyway, so wth, why not
September 29, 2007 9:57:47 AM

What a fantastic site ... Shame that my graphics card has issues!
September 29, 2007 10:03:57 AM

Well what it says is that the crysis is guite scaleable. Take of all the fancy graphic tricks and even older computer can run it. Try it with all the bels and whilsles at high resolution, then even the most meaners machine says that it need more bread ;-)
a b U Graphics card
September 29, 2007 10:18:22 AM

AMD has this on their site (not for crysis), and according to them, if you want to play games on best, you need dual FX-74's :lol: 
September 29, 2007 10:24:08 AM

mactronix said:
Oh yes and while it says it wont take any more info than system specs it says nothing about not dropping a little data miner or some such,i mean it may well be legit but im not for taking a chance personally.
I just thought of another source i would trust as well The Back of the Box :lol: 
Mactronix

yeah but then iv already used it before over 8 months ago....quite a few times. Havnt had any issues as such yet. I just keep my pc clean. Every weekend i run progs to delete any unwanted files and registry details. everything seems fine.....for now :p 
a b U Graphics card
September 29, 2007 10:27:38 AM

Oh yea and guys, that isn't actually the system requirements lab site, it just looks like it. The real one is www.systemrequirementslab.com I believe, since that's what the AMD site points to, and is the first one to turn up on google.
September 29, 2007 10:30:13 AM

get the exact same thing -_-

I think its just 2 links to the same blasted thing.
September 29, 2007 10:49:18 AM

its still the same thing as far as this thread is concerned since it still lists crysis
September 29, 2007 4:49:50 PM

Still not convinced my GTS will cut it...

I feel stupid for not spending extra on a GTX..
a c 130 U Graphics card
September 29, 2007 6:15:45 PM

Im still convinced that the card it is optimised for will be released at the same time as the game.
I mean come on what have they been testing it/developing it on? are the developers in receipt of next gen stuff well before we are?
Mactronix
November 12, 2007 6:01:50 PM

To answer your question mactronix, It would be logical that they have access to hardware before the public.

Hardware companies make deals with studios all the time. It just makes too much sense for them not to supply a "prototype" for developers to play with.
a c 130 U Graphics card
November 12, 2007 6:44:14 PM

rca50 said:
To answer your question mactronix, It would be logical that they have access to hardware before the public.

Hardware companies make deals with studios all the time. It just makes too much sense for them not to supply a "prototype" for developers to play with.

Thanks for the reply and welcome to the forum,Yea the first part was meant as more of a retorical kind of question i realised that they must have the hardware to use to develope the game.
The main point was how far ahead are they compared to us,like do the developers already have the DX10.2/DX11 cards/tec available to them?
November 12, 2007 7:07:23 PM

its clearly a bogus site (they've copied the original..) - like phishing sites.. that prog they put on your comp must be a miner that gets personal details n stuff..

oops

Ryan (adds)
!