Sign in with
Your question

E6600 Conroe Multiplier from x9 to x6. Why???

Last response: in Overclocking
December 7, 2007 6:27:20 AM

Usually my Multiplier is x9 , but somehow it dropped to x6. How do I revert back to x9?

I have a Asus P5E Deluxe with a Core 2 Duo e6600 Conroe. Currently it is reading 1600 mhz from 6 multiplier 266 mhz, but I want it to read 2400 mhz from 9 multiplier 266 mhz. I heard I can change it somewhere in the bios. I recently updated my bios to the latest version.

Help plz.
a b à CPUs
a b K Overclocking
December 7, 2007 6:35:13 AM

SpededStep. Read the Sticky's.
December 7, 2007 6:50:06 AM

I havnt been on Tom's Hardware for over a year now...what are you talking abut?
Related resources
Can't find your answer ? Ask !
a b à CPUs
a b K Overclocking
December 7, 2007 7:25:37 AM

If you look at the top of this Forum, you will see "Sticky's" which were labeled as such a bit more clearly a year ago, so perhaps that's why you didn't notice.
December 7, 2007 10:02:46 AM

CompuTronix, you have the patience of a saint :) 
a b à CPUs
a b K Overclocking
December 7, 2007 11:20:09 AM

Thanks m1ddy, it may appear that way, however, I can occasionally become very frusrated. As a "Type A" running this help desk, I sometimes have to take a breath and count to 10, or maybe 100, then monitor my responses very closely. Make no mistake; in 1600+ posts over the past 14 months, I've been properly dressed down by another Forum member for becoming outwardly irritated with a n00b, which I considered to be a wakeup call, and thanked him for bringing it to my attention.

I'm here to help, so I don't get up in the morning to be short with anyone, but I do have limited patience for "users" that don't want to read, who instead just want to be spoon-fed quick answers, and have no intention of attempting to comprehend the information. I think that it's presumptuous and intrusive to post repetitive questions which Forum member's have to take time to answer, when the information has already been made readily available, and simply requires a little research to acquire.

Prompting others to perform one's research is just plain lazy, which lends perspective to the term "user", and should result in the revocation of one's computer power cord privileges. I'm typically quite happy to help others work a problem through to a successful conclusion, but I don't appreciate anyone abusing my time by "using" me as their own personal oracle.

Rant terminated,

Comp :sol: 
December 7, 2007 1:03:58 PM

here here!
December 7, 2007 1:49:02 PM

Quote:

I'm here to help, so I don't get up in the morning to be short with anyone, but I do have limited patience for "users" that don't want to read, who instead just want to be spoon-fed quick answers, and have no intention of attempting to comprehend the information. I think that it's presumptuous and intrusive to post repetitive questions which Forum member's have to take time to answer, when the information has already been made readily available, and simply requires a little research to acquire.

Quote of the year! :D  Can't count with one hand how many posts there are in the Overlcocking and CPU sections that are something around this... "how i overclocks my core2duo to 4 ghz?" :'(  Then every question after that asks to explain why a Multiplier is, FSB, Vcore, CAS -> RAS... :o  I'll shut up now. :) 
a b à CPUs
a b K Overclocking
December 7, 2007 2:09:16 PM

Don't get me started...
December 7, 2007 2:12:21 PM

rgeist554 said:
Quote of the year! :D  Can't count with one hand how many posts there are in the Overlcocking and CPU sections that are something around this... "how i overclocks my core2duo to 4 ghz?" :'(  Then every question after that asks to explain why a Multiplier is, FSB, Vcore, CAS -> RAS... :o  I'll shut up now. :) 

But I heard getting 3.6 GHz on a Q6600 was easy that's why I bought it! What's the MCH?
a b à CPUs
a b K Overclocking
December 7, 2007 3:18:54 PM

Don't tempt me... :heink:  :fou:  :pfff:  :non: 
December 7, 2007 3:21:54 PM

CompuTronix said:
Don't tempt me... :heink:  :fou:  :pfff:  :non: 

How do I OC my Dell Dimension 520? It has a Q6600 and I thought I would be able to get 3.0 GHz out of it! :kaola: 
a b à CPUs
a b K Overclocking
December 7, 2007 3:25:45 PM

u funi gi :lol:  i kil u last :whistle: 
December 7, 2007 5:38:33 PM

Ahh I think I found my Answer...

Copied and Pasted-

SpeedStep - Automatically lowers the multiplier from its max. (9x for the Q6600) to 6x when the machine is idle. The result is less power consumption and heat production. It goes back up to 9x when you start to get a CPU load. Disable initially, enable later on and see if the system remains stable. This is a power savings option.
a b à CPUs
a b K Overclocking
December 7, 2007 5:40:59 PM

Well Done!
!