Pentium D or Intel Core 2 Duo

Kawi Saibot

Distinguished
Aug 9, 2007
Hi, I just want to ask, which both processor are good for gaming and perfomance in application since I want to upgrade my motherboard which is Asus P5PE-VM.So that I can reuse my Winfast A7600GS AGP and 1GB DDR400 Ram and other hardware.Does it increase perfomance in games?

Intel Pentium D 925 3.0 Ghz or Intel Core 2 Duo 2.0 Ghz?

Or, upgrade to PCI-E system.

Any suggestion I'll be appreciated,Thanks. :)

C2D will wipe the floor with the PD925.

The best advice is to abandon AGP altogether and move on to PCI-e. That also means dropping DDR in favor of DDR2 RAM. Old technology will hinder you.

You can opt to get the ASRock 4CoreDual-SATA2 LGA 775 which has AGP and PCI-e GPU interfaces as well as support for DDR and DDR2 RAM. You will not be able to use both AGP and PCI-e video cards at the same time. The PCI-e interface is only x4 not x16. That means an ATI 2900 series or 8800 series GPU will be crippled with this motherboard. You can only use either DDR or DDR2 RAM, not both at the same time.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813157115

Kawi Saibot

Distinguished
Aug 9, 2007
Wow :eek: , the Core 2 Duo 1.8Ghz can wipe out a Pentium D 3.6Ghz.

Thanks guys about your opinion.I think that I want to upgrade my processor since most games today needs a decent or dual core CPU.My Pentium 4 2.4 Ghz Socket 478 are showing its age (Even though, I can still playing Bioshock with high setting :D ).Thanks. :)

Kawi Saibot

Distinguished
Aug 9, 2007
Winfast A7600GS 256MB DDR2 AGP8X. :)

When I first launch the game, I take a look at the graphic setting and all of the setting were automatically set to high (except for DX10 surface I think).So, I don't change the setting.

Even though, the game were still playable.I'm a bit surprise.Sometimes the game slowdown(not too bad)when there were many enemies.:D

randomizer

Champion
Guys, you don't know what he considers smooth remember. Plus, Bioshock is very well optimised IMO, but probably not enough to save that system. If he thinks it runs smooth now, good, he will fall in love with a C2D when he plays it with 3x the FPS :D

Maybe he just has a super chip? :kaola:

Kawi Saibot

Distinguished
Aug 9, 2007
Oh, I'm played at 1024x768.Beside, I don't say that the Bioshock running at 30 fps.Maybe below 20 fps I think.Still, the game were playable and run smooth. :)

I think that my system(Pentium 4) can't run at all even I bought the new 7600GS.

And I can't imagine playing with Core 2 Duo. :D