Evil Eggs from a T-Virus Infected Easter Bunny!

Archived from groups: alt.games.resident-evil (More info?)

This is a little late but here's something related to my favorite
Springtime holiday...

There are some very interesting "Easter Eggs" in Resident Evil 4. (I've
tried most of these and they are well worth the effort!)

FLASHING MERCHANT:
Normally, when you talk to the Merchant by pressing the A Button, he
opens his trenchcoat to display his goods. But try simultaneously
pressing A and Z with C Stick in the UP position. Now when he opens his
trenchcoat, he'll show you his *other* goods !!! No, he's not naked
....but close. He's wearing what looks like a thong or a jock strap. For
added vulgarity, try zooming in with a scope equipped weapon. You can
actually see a few pubes poking out!

HIDDEN MEMO
In the Church Graveyard area, check the the tombstone closest to the
church on its left-hand side. Check it *seven* times and you will get a
special memo. I have no idea what it means but it reads as follows:
"I know you as an Enemy. But when we met, I knew you as a Comrade. I
long for the days when I knew you as a Lover.
-K"

AN ACTUAL *EGG* EASTER EGG:
As you probably know, you can get eggs by killing chickens and snakes
in RE4. You can then use these eggs to restore health. But did you know
that you can also *equip* an egg as a weapon? They are totally useless
as a weapon ... with one huge exception. You can use it for a "one-hit
kill" in the Lord Saddler boss fight at the end of the game!

Have fun!

-B O N G O

(By the way, my aforementioned "favorite Springtime holiday" is not
Easter.)

Archived from groups: alt.games.resident-evil (More info?)

On 2 Apr 2005 01:04:17 -0800, "B O N G O"
<octavalvehandle@earthlink.net> wrote:

|This is a little late but here's something related to my favorite
|Springtime holiday...
|
|There are some very interesting "Easter Eggs" in Resident Evil 4. (I've
|tried most of these and they are well worth the effort!)
|
|FLASHING MERCHANT:
|Normally, when you talk to the Merchant by pressing the A Button, he
|opens his trenchcoat to display his goods. But try simultaneously
|pressing A and Z with C Stick in the UP position. Now when he opens his
|trenchcoat, he'll show you his *other* goods !!! No, he's not naked
|...but close. He's wearing what looks like a thong or a jock strap. For
|added vulgarity, try zooming in with a scope equipped weapon. You can
|actually see a few pubes poking out!
|
|HIDDEN MEMO
|In the Church Graveyard area, check the the tombstone closest to the
|church on its left-hand side. Check it *seven* times and you will get a
|special memo. I have no idea what it means but it reads as follows:
|"I know you as an Enemy. But when we met, I knew you as a Comrade. I
|long for the days when I knew you as a Lover.
|-K"

|AN ACTUAL *EGG* EASTER EGG:
|As you probably know, you can get eggs by killing chickens and snakes
|in RE4. You can then use these eggs to restore health. But did you know
|that you can also *equip* an egg as a weapon? They are totally useless
|as a weapon ... with one huge exception. You can use it for a "one-hit
|kill" in the Lord Saddler boss fight at the end of the game!
|
|Have fun!

|-B O N G O

|(By the way, my aforementioned "favorite Springtime holiday" is not
|Easter.)

Let me guess, it's April Fools right? =) I'm reading this on the 3rd
so I kinda missed it. Funny though.

B O N G O wrote:
> This is a little late but here's something related to my favorite
> Springtime holiday...
>
> There are some very interesting "Easter Eggs" in Resident Evil 4. (I've
> tried most of these and they are well worth the effort!)
>
> FLASHING MERCHANT:
> Normally, when you talk to the Merchant by pressing the A Button, he
> opens his trenchcoat to display his goods. But try simultaneously
> pressing A and Z with C Stick in the UP position. Now when he opens his
> trenchcoat, he'll show you his *other* goods !!! No, he's not naked
> ....but close. He's wearing what looks like a thong or a jock strap. For
> added vulgarity, try zooming in with a scope equipped weapon. You can
> actually see a few pubes poking out!
>
> HIDDEN MEMO
> In the Church Graveyard area, check the the tombstone closest to the
> church on its left-hand side. Check it *seven* times and you will get a
> special memo. I have no idea what it means but it reads as follows:
> "I know you as an Enemy. But when we met, I knew you as a Comrade. I
> long for the days when I knew you as a Lover.
> -K"
>
> AN ACTUAL *EGG* EASTER EGG:
> As you probably know, you can get eggs by killing chickens and snakes
> in RE4. You can then use these eggs to restore health. But did you know
> that you can also *equip* an egg as a weapon? They are totally useless
> as a weapon ... with one huge exception. You can use it for a "one-hit
> kill" in the Lord Saddler boss fight at the end of the game!
>
> Have fun!
>
> -B O N G O
>
> (By the way, my aforementioned "favorite Springtime holiday" is not
> Easter.)

Kind of odd, seeing as it was either sent - or recieved by the news
server - on the second...
I would like to know where the inspiration for the second came from, as
I commited that to memory to try out later, then I read Adam's quite
obvious reply.

--
CW

Archived from groups: alt.games.resident-evil (More info?)

On Thu, 07 Apr 2005 02:22:03 +0100, Computer Whizz
<old486whizz@hotmail.com> wrote:

|B O N G O wrote:
|> This is a little late but here's something related to my favorite
|> Springtime holiday...
|>
|> There are some very interesting "Easter Eggs" in Resident Evil 4. (I've
|> tried most of these and they are well worth the effort!)
|>
|> FLASHING MERCHANT:
|> Normally, when you talk to the Merchant by pressing the A Button, he
|> opens his trenchcoat to display his goods. But try simultaneously
|> pressing A and Z with C Stick in the UP position. Now when he opens his
|> trenchcoat, he'll show you his *other* goods !!! No, he's not naked
|> ....but close. He's wearing what looks like a thong or a jock strap. For
|> added vulgarity, try zooming in with a scope equipped weapon. You can
|> actually see a few pubes poking out!
|>
|> HIDDEN MEMO
|> In the Church Graveyard area, check the the tombstone closest to the
|> church on its left-hand side. Check it *seven* times and you will get a
|> special memo. I have no idea what it means but it reads as follows:
|> "I know you as an Enemy. But when we met, I knew you as a Comrade. I
|> long for the days when I knew you as a Lover.
|> -K"
|>
|> AN ACTUAL *EGG* EASTER EGG:
|> As you probably know, you can get eggs by killing chickens and snakes
|> in RE4. You can then use these eggs to restore health. But did you know
|> that you can also *equip* an egg as a weapon? They are totally useless
|> as a weapon ... with one huge exception. You can use it for a "one-hit
|> kill" in the Lord Saddler boss fight at the end of the game!
|>
|> Have fun!
|>
|> -B O N G O
|>
|> (By the way, my aforementioned "favorite Springtime holiday" is not
|> Easter.)
|>

|Kind of odd, seeing as it was either sent - or recieved by the news
|server - on the second...
|I would like to know where the inspiration for the second came from, as
|I commited that to memory to try out later, then I read Adam's quite
|obvious reply.

|--
|CW

Yeah I got it on the second also. I thought he was bullshitting about
using the eggs as weapons but surprise surprise, you can actually do
it! If you'd like definite proof that these things are not true I can
check the first two for you today and report back, or B O N G O could
do it for us =)

Archived from groups: alt.games.resident-evil (More info?)

Adam T. Smith wrote:
<snip>

> Yeah I got it on the second also. I thought he was bullshitting about
> using the eggs as weapons but surprise surprise, you can actually do
> it! If you'd like definite proof that these things are not true I can
> check the first two for you today and report back, or B O N G O could
> do it for us =)

Hahaha, that's classic!
Have you tried it against that boss who is supposed to go down in one hit?
I suppose the grave checking might be interesting, sounds half like that
Russian in RE3.
The flashing merchant sounds odd though - I wouldn't check that if I
could :D ... You do it!

--
CW

Archived from groups: alt.games.resident-evil (More info?)

On Thu, 07 Apr 2005 14:35:37 +1200, Adam T. Smith
<adamsmith@paradise.net.nz> wrote:

>On Thu, 07 Apr 2005 02:22:03 +0100, Computer Whizz
><old486whizz@hotmail.com> wrote:
>
>|B O N G O wrote:
>|> This is a little late but here's something related to my favorite
>|> Springtime holiday...
>|>
>|> There are some very interesting "Easter Eggs" in Resident Evil 4. (I've
>|> tried most of these and they are well worth the effort!)
>|>
>|> FLASHING MERCHANT:
>|> Normally, when you talk to the Merchant by pressing the A Button, he
>|> opens his trenchcoat to display his goods. But try simultaneously
>|> pressing A and Z with C Stick in the UP position. Now when he opens his
>|> trenchcoat, he'll show you his *other* goods !!! No, he's not naked
>|> ....but close. He's wearing what looks like a thong or a jock strap. For
>|> added vulgarity, try zooming in with a scope equipped weapon. You can
>|> actually see a few pubes poking out!
>|>
>|> HIDDEN MEMO
>|> In the Church Graveyard area, check the the tombstone closest to the
>|> church on its left-hand side. Check it *seven* times and you will get a
>|> special memo. I have no idea what it means but it reads as follows:
>|> "I know you as an Enemy. But when we met, I knew you as a Comrade. I
>|> long for the days when I knew you as a Lover.
>|> -K"
>|>
>|> AN ACTUAL *EGG* EASTER EGG:
>|> As you probably know, you can get eggs by killing chickens and snakes
>|> in RE4. You can then use these eggs to restore health. But did you know
>|> that you can also *equip* an egg as a weapon? They are totally useless
>|> as a weapon ... with one huge exception. You can use it for a "one-hit
>|> kill" in the Lord Saddler boss fight at the end of the game!
>|>
>|> Have fun!
>|>
>|> -B O N G O
>|>
>|> (By the way, my aforementioned "favorite Springtime holiday" is not
>|> Easter.)
>|>

>|Kind of odd, seeing as it was either sent - or recieved by the news
>|server - on the second...
>|I would like to know where the inspiration for the second came from, as
>|I commited that to memory to try out later, then I read Adam's quite
>|obvious reply.
>|
>|--
>|CW
>
>Yeah I got it on the second also. I thought he was bullshitting about
>using the eggs as weapons but surprise surprise, you can actually do
>it! If you'd like definite proof that these things are not true I can
>check the first two for you today and report back, or B O N G O could
>do it for us =)

In the mercenaries, try equipping Krauser with an egg. His animation
as he holds it is hilarious.

Archived from groups: alt.games.resident-evil (More info?)

On Thu, 07 Apr 2005 04:25:36 +0100, Computer Whizz
<old486whizz@hotmail.com> wrote:

>Adam T. Smith wrote:
><snip>
>>
>> Yeah I got it on the second also. I thought he was bullshitting about
>> using the eggs as weapons but surprise surprise, you can actually do
>> it! If you'd like definite proof that these things are not true I can
>> check the first two for you today and report back, or B O N G O could
>> do it for us =)
>
>Hahaha, that's classic!
>Have you tried it against that boss who is supposed to go down in one hit?
>I suppose the grave checking might be interesting, sounds half like that
>Russian in RE3.
>The flashing merchant sounds odd though - I wouldn't check that if I
>could :D ... You do it!

I tried it a couple weeks ago, actually. I tried a regular, brown, and
gold egg. Of course he just kept marching down at me.

>--
>CW

Archived from groups: alt.games.resident-evil (More info?)

why is it that funny cause i haven't beaten re4 yet