ddw 081 nu global

bgd73

Distinguished
Feb 18, 2008
This is a writer that is getting old no doubt, but I realized I have never burned a dvd. The cd burn is as fast as it gets even today, and do not care for new burner.

It is the most finnicky when it comes to dvds, and only concluded DVD+R or DVD+RW with certain brand names like ri-data with a code of r03. (rare as a goddmaned ferrari f430 on a maine highway.)
I just purchased some dvd+rw ri-data from newegg in my cost realm of 10 ri-data dvd+RW 9.99 delivered, and have no idea what the code is, and will be receiving tomorrow. anticipation, again, has my mind pondering.I literally have several hundred not-even-frisbee-yet frisbees and really want a good answer.
Anybody keep this burner and have good luck with a local usa mainstream buy off the shelf brand best buy or staples, or circuit city or kmart or walmart or sears or any place I could find, will never have?

I am not ready to chuck this NEVER used for dvd burner.

Thanks.

p.s. I am aware of the firmware hacks, and only did one, called bx32 (the "luckiest" one) to get memorex cd+r burning

bgd73

Distinguished
Feb 18, 2008
for anyone still running this writer:

the dvd+rw by ri-data worked great.(I found it in no listing anywhere to be compatible) 4x is supposed to be 11min, I crammed a dvd full in 9 min... of course after a full erase (format).
It isn't so bad after all. it didn't even get warm at the 4x. I cranked cds out in 1min 35 consistently, and it is supposed to be 40x. Whatever the crazy errors, it is working for the first time in the several years I have had it gathering dust on the first dvd burn I ever did.

ps. given it is my first dvd backup (data) it seemed I would never fill it up at the rate I was adding files to burn.(I am used to cd burn since 1999)

18gb backed up with files dating back to 2004.. i'm a real dare devil.

1 gb for 13 min on the vid cam aint so challenging now that stuff can GET OUT OF THE WAY. :)