Sign in with
Your question

OCZ StealthXStream 600w PSU any good and will it fit?

Last response: in Components
September 17, 2007 5:04:45 PM

hi guys, I have a Nzxt blackline case that can be seen here http://www.xsreviews.co.uk/reviews/cases/nzxt-lexa-blac... and I recently built a new computer with a Q6600 2gb ram etc. and it seems to occasionally shut itself down. I've checked temps and the problem has to either be the corsair ram I'm running at 4-4-4-12 or the PSU. As I need to upgrade my PSU from an antec 450w anyway I thought I'd upgrade and see if that fixes it. If not, i'll reset my memory. I was looking at OCZ StealthXStream 600w Silent SLI Ready ATX2 Power Supply that can be seen here http://www.overclockers.co.uk/showproduct.php?prodid=CA... and was wondering whether it was a good PSU for the price and whether it would fit fine in my case. Thanks in advance for anyone's comments. I find them invaluable. Ant.
a b ) Power supply
September 17, 2007 5:37:46 PM

OCZ STEALTHXSTREAM PSUs are fine but they are behind the other OCZs , its like this :

OCZ PROXSTREAM > OCZ GAMEXSTREAM > OCZ STEALTHXSTREAM

but its a good PSU for money
September 17, 2007 5:57:29 PM

The StealthXstream is exactly the same as GameXstream, but without the blue LED fan.
Related resources
a b ) Power supply
September 17, 2007 6:08:43 PM

I've heard GAMEXSTREAMs are better , so it was wrong ?
September 17, 2007 8:19:32 PM

Well, I can't find anywhere that leans either way. The Specs are the same and from the OCZ description I concluded that

Quote:
the StealthXStream includes OCZ’s acclaimed reliability and feature-sets with a lower price point. Ideal for system builders and enthusiasts who prefer a low-key PSU, the StealthXStream focuses on performance and quality made affordable for even the tightest budgets. It also excludes flashy LEDs ensuring the power supply does not pose as a distraction in your case.
September 17, 2007 9:57:44 PM

Thanks for your help guys. It sounds like it should do the trick fine. As always, your comments encourage me :-).
!