NEED to swap channels

jraake

Distinguished
Sep 17, 2007
I am using the Auzentech modified driver to run my SB X-Fi gamer. See http://forums.creative.com/creativelabs/board/message?board.id=Vista&message.id=24495&view=by_date_ascending&page=1

It definitely resolved some issues with crackling and my microphone not working. The only problem I have now is that my two rear speakers are swapped with the two side speakers. I have 5.1 speakers hooked up and the only way I figured this out was by testing it in 7.1 mode. The sound that is supposed to come out of the sides in 7.1 comes out of the rear speakers.

Does anyone know of a way to swap the surround sound channels (no, not by moving plugs around) so my side channels play through the rear speakers.

g-paw

Splendid
Jan 31, 2006
Not clear but if you have a set of 5.1 speakers, the sound that would come out of the side speakers would be mixed and combined with the rear speakers. Can't get seven speaker sound with a five speaker system

jraake

Distinguished
Sep 17, 2007
I know it sounds strange. I'll try to explain it easier. I have 5.1 speakers hooked up. I go to Windows' sound settings and set the speaker options as a 7.1. Only then, do I get sound out of my rear speakers. The window says it is playing out of the side speakers when I hear the sound coming from my rear speakers. When I set it to 5.1 speakers, the rear speakers play no sound. Is that a little less confusing?

I know the drivers I'm using are causing this, which tells me I MIGHT be able to fix it by modifying something in the software, drivers, or registry.

TRENDING THREADS