Will this fit...........?

7_vii_7

Distinguished
Jan 17, 2006
I currently have a 7900gt and love the card. I am looking to upgrade to a 8 series but I am not sure if the card will fit into my motherboard PCI express because if I want to do SLI I think the bigger fan would overlap the other PCI Express and I would not be able to do SLI later down the road... anyone??

I think the space between the two PCI Express might be too small?
card_1.jpg

and this is my MoBo
imageview.php

plguzman

Distinguished
Nov 14, 2006
No, it won't block the other PCIe. But it would have very bad airflow if you put another card under it, because the distance between them would be too short. Another issue is, how tall is that NB fan?. It may collide with the front of the card.

7_vii_7

Distinguished
Jan 17, 2006
yeah... right now I have a evga 7900 gt KO Superclocked that I like... i want to run SLI but they have discontinued this model and I can not find it... can I run SLI with another card rather than this 7900 gt KO Superclocked such as a evga 7900 GT regular clocked?

chookman

Distinguished
Mar 23, 2007
I am looking to upgrade to a 8 series but I am not sure if the card will fit into my motherboard PCI express because if I want to do SLI I think the bigger fan would overlap the other PCI Express and I would not be able to do SLI later down the road... anyone??

@OS

I dont think you will need to worry as by the time you want to go SLI it will be better off getting an awesome single card again, and even updating the rest of the system. With one card your sata ports will be fine, might knock a few outta action but not all. A more concerning matter would be is the GTX going to fit in your case...which is a???