Modern machine, audigy2 and gameport

San

Distinguished
Jul 20, 2001
Hi,

I have a spare audigy 2 that I want to use on my computer, although I dont want to use it for sound, but rather I want it use the gameport thats on it. I already built-in sound on my motherboard thats far better than the audigy.

How do I install the audigy while disabling the sound and just have the gameport running? Or How do I only install the gameport drivers?

Thanks!

dragonsprayer

Splendid
Jan 3, 2007
You need only even consider sound cards if:

your using headphones

you have a super high end system and golden ears

or you have a older or low end new mobo

bottom line is toss it - sound cards cause tones of problems - you need the exact drivers for card - buy the cd from the manufacture is the best best!

womble

Distinguished
Mar 10, 2006
Well for games the Audigy 2 might be better than the onboard, sound quality-wise that can be a mixed bag with Creative and your onboard may well sound better.

You should have no problem downloading the drivers from Creative's site and you can just disable the parts of it you don't need in the device manager.

Tug

Distinguished
Feb 13, 2005
San,

Just put your Audigy in, (Hopefully you are running XP not Vista), without disabling your onboard sound and see what happens.

Very few modern computers will have trouble handling 2 sound cards at the same time. It will also give you the opportunity to compare the sound of both cards.