Is my ATI x1900 GT dammaged?

gscrugg2

Distinguished
Jan 4, 2007
I bought a sapphire x1900 GT back in January for around 150$ shipped from newegg.com. It worked fine for about 6 months with minimal overclocking. Now when i play any graphic intensive game, mainly WoW, quakewars, and BF2148, i see crazy graphical anomalies across the screen as well as parts of the graphics flickering. This happens anywhere from 5minutes of playing the game to a couple hours. Idle temps are 55C ish and the temp never goes above 81C during intensive gaming. This kind of leaves a sour taste in my mouth when it comes to ATI/sapphire. Kind of wished i went with Nvidia now.. System specs below

E6300 @ 3Ghz
Scythe Ninja CPU cooler
Sapphire x1900 GT stock speeds
Corsair HX520 P/S
Sound Blaster x-fi fps edition
Asus P5N-E SLI

cleeve

Illustrious
Unfortunately, this happens to some Nvidia cards, too. It's just part of life with graphics cards, sometimes they fail.

I believe Sapphire has a 1 yr warranty though, if you have your newegg bill you should drop them a line.

Good luck on the RMA!

gscrugg2

Distinguished
Jan 4, 2007
I emailed newegg.com and they said it's only 30 days to return it to them , i also emailed Sapphire and I would be out a video card for 4-6 weeks which is not going to happen.. That would mean no gaming for 4-6 weeks. I'm thinking about getting a 2900 pro but i cant get it out of my head that ATI sucks because my video card is dying. =\

cleeve

Illustrious
Heheh. Well, anybody would probably feel the same way you do if their videocard was dying.

But hanging out on these boards, I can tell you that all sorts of folks have similar problems with all brands of cards. I do alot of video card testing for Tom's and I've seen more than my share of cards die, but it certainly wasn't one specific make or manufacturer.