Overclocking AMD X2 3800+ Toledo

I'm a noob at overclocking. I only got my X2 3800+ up to 2.4ghz by increasing the FSB (I believe) to 240 and didn't increase the voltage (Voltage is at around 1.325) or anything. I also have a Zalman CNPS9500 so cooling is not a problem. Now, my system runs fine but I would like to know if there are any other changes that I should be making that would allow me to overclock it more and get better results. I have a BFG Tech nForce 4 Ultra mobo, 500W Antec PSU, 8800GT, 3GB RAM, 120GB Hard Drive. Any suggestions and advice would be highly appreciated. Thanks.
2 answers Last reply
More about overclocking 3800 toledo
  1. Check out the sticky:
    http://www.tomshardware.co.uk/forum/126122-11-guide-overclocking
    Good luck on your overclock.
  2. Also, you can get in the bios, and lower the HT link from Auto, or 5x, which for the Athlon 64's is the default I believe, lower it to 4x, then up your FSB speed. That should give you some more room.

HT works like this, say you have 200 mhz fsb...

5x200=1000 HT, which is default. Once you hit a certain level, the PC does not like that too much, but if for example you lower HT to 4x...

4x250 for example=1000 HT, but you would get higher clock speed. So lower the HT speed to 4x, and up your fsb and see if that doesn't help some.
Ask a new question

Read More

CPUs Overclocking AMD