Hard drive doesnt seem to commit some changes

thefunkeymonkey

Distinguished
Nov 25, 2001
My newest hard drive (Western Digital WD5000AAKS 500GB SATA II 7200RPM 16MB Cache - OEM), doesnt seem to commit some changes. For example, If i select a range of rar files and delete them, they still appear within that directory and do not appear in the recycle bin. However after a reboot, the files have been removed from the directory and have been sent to the recycle bin.

I am running it on Sata I, I wouldn't think that would make any difference apart from the transfer rate. Not sure if its related (my os is on another drive) but explorer.exe keeps crashing, Ive tried to run a system scan with avg and was warned about a partition table (MBR) change.

Time to RMA it or is there an explanation?

dokk2

Distinguished
Jul 1, 2007
Where is your recycle bin located ,or is it system wide?? don't use recycle myself ,,delete is delete,,waste of space keeping old junk around..
checked you recycle bin settings??
having os on another hdd is a none issue
right click on the hdd do properties and do the file and surface check
And dnld the manufactures software check the drive with same....???:)

thefunkeymonkey

Distinguished
Nov 25, 2001
Cheers for the replies. I set my usenet client to download to another hdd, and exactly the same thing happened. Closing and re-opening the file explorer just locked up explorer (was using 99% of resources). However hitting F5 did refresh the directory. So its not my new drive that's the issue, its explorer.exe eating up 99% of the cpu that's the problem.

It doesn't do it all the time, only when I'm navigating folders or downloading.