Can i mount fuzion using storm MB bolts?

icewolf69

Distinguished
Nov 26, 2006
Hi all, quick question since UPS screwed up and i have to wait 4 hours to go pick up my fuzion at their office.

I have swiftech storm mounting screws in my mobo atm. I'm wondering, since these are the only holes that mounting screws can go through on this 680i, if i won't have to take out my motherboard to put in new screws for the fuzion.

If anyone has any experience on mounting the fuzion, let me know. The only pics i can find show some spring screws, but i can't find all the mounting hardware.

thanks

icewolf69

Distinguished
Nov 26, 2006
Update: the storm mounting bolts are much courser threading, as such, the fuzion will not mount to it, you have to use D-Tek's screws.

Why can't things go my way?

cnumartyr

Distinguished
Nov 3, 2007

Because it's step one of the computers taking over the world.

Step 1) Frustrate us all.
Step 2) ??
Step 3) Profit.

icewolf69

Distinguished
Nov 26, 2006
lol must be

BTW: first impressions on fuzion: OMG!

This thing has unbelievable flow rate, i'm testing nozzles and stuff, i'm settling on the largest nozzle and the seal that came with the nozzle kit.

I went largest because i have so many things in my loop, i want to restrict the flow as little as possible ( damn you storm).

cnumartyr

Distinguished
Nov 3, 2007

Lol yea those things are sweet. Smallest one gives the best performance, but hell you could prolly get away with just the seal and no nozzle and be happy with a lot of flow!

icewolf69

Distinguished
Nov 26, 2006
Yeah, i think i'm going to be seeing much better thermal numbers now; now that i have at least 2x the flow, and the fuzion performs better anyway.

We'll see in a few days, too bad i can't get everything in and leak test it overnight >.< can't call in sick in the military.

icewolf69

Distinguished
Nov 26, 2006
Ok, Update:

I'm flushing my system at the moment with distilled water and vinegar, to clean everything, and hopefully get rid of the fog that suddenly appeared on my tubes.

But initial reports seem that i have more flow in my loop with my MCP655 pump at setting "1" than i did with my storm at setting "5."

So I'm pretty pumped. After a little bit more cleaning, I'll flush with straight distilled water, then I'll put in my coolant and leak test it overnight.