Sign in with
Your question

Abit IP35 uGURU/Temp mon problem

Last response: in Motherboards
October 5, 2007 9:03:03 PM

I can't get uGURU to load. When it tried, it immediately throws an error caught by the windows "This program has encountered a serious error" dialog. I'm using the latest version of uGURU from the Abit product page on a virgin install of XP. Also, I can't get a temp reading that passes a sanity check ( 13C/27C [24C amb] at idle/full load is impossible) from any monitoring tool I've used, though the BIOS idle temp, 25C, is maybe possible. Other than these problems, this board is fine (It passes 6 hours of memtest86+, 2 hours of Prime95 torture test on both cores, 6 hours of Supreme Commander, and nary a blue screen in sight).

Are these known issues?

System:

Abit IP35 Pro (BIOS 10)
C2D E6750
2GB Corsair XMS DDR2 800
SeaSonic 500W
eVGA 7800GT
October 5, 2007 11:34:34 PM

I'm not sure if it's related to Data Execution Prevention. DEP is very sensitive and won't allow any questionable code to run. If it is, it can be disabled:

http://www.zensoftware.co.uk/kb/article.aspx?id=10002

If you have security tools such as antivirus, disable it.

It sounds like it's neither of above.
October 6, 2007 1:10:46 PM

CompuTronix, thanks, but he's trying to run a program which crashes.

This just came up. You may have problems running 2+ temp sensor programs. Run one at a time.
Related resources
October 6, 2007 9:42:19 PM

I'm only trying uGURU with nothing else running. Is there an archive of previous versions I can try? Perhaps there's a problem with the latest version on the webpage? I've never found tools from MB makers to be particularly well written, so I would not be surprised.
October 7, 2007 3:27:26 AM

3.104 should be OK but if you want to try another version
ftp://ftp.abit.com.tw/pub/download/utilities/uguru/

there is a known conflict with CPU-Z 1.41 causing freezes/crashes - this appears to be CPU-Z's problem as earlier versions work with uGuru fine.
November 13, 2007 2:32:03 AM

Fedaykin311 said:
I can't get uGURU to load. When it tried, it immediately throws an error caught by the windows "This program has encountered a serious error" dialog. I'm using the latest version of uGURU from the Abit product page on a virgin install of XP. Also, I can't get a temp reading that passes a sanity check ( 13C/27C [24C amb] at idle/full load is impossible) from any monitoring tool I've used, though the BIOS idle temp, 25C, is maybe possible. Other than these problems, this board is fine (It passes 6 hours of memtest86+, 2 hours of Prime95 torture test on both cores, 6 hours of Supreme Commander, and nary a blue screen in sight).

Are these known issues?

System:

Abit IP35 Pro (BIOS 10)
C2D E6750
2GB Corsair XMS DDR2 800
SeaSonic 500W
eVGA 7800GT

I just got finished building a new PC and installed Windows XP Pro SP2 and am having the exact same problem with version 3.104. I haven't tried to disable DEP yet, would rather try an earlier version of uGuru before I do that.
November 13, 2007 4:05:46 PM

well I tried installing an earlier version (3.101) and the DEP shut off but I'm still getting the "This program has encountered a serious error and needs to be shut down" message, anyone have any other suggestions?

well seems that the version on the cd that came with the motherboard had a uGuru version of 3.105. I installed this version and everything is working ..... go figure.
!