Google chrome problem or something totally different?

Hey guys,

I've been having this problem since the last 3 weeks now.
Facebook is the only site that doesn't work with Google Chrome. I mean, it does open, but just barely.
It'll load 2 pages then when I try clicking on like comments or any other facebook page, it'll stop working and keep loading forever and never get to the page. And eventually it'll give me this error:

Also other sides are running slower than usual too. It's really very frustrating.

I think it's a DNS related issue, here's what I've already tried so far to fix the problem, but it still doesn't work:

Flushed dns via command prompt
Cleared browsing cache in chrome
Used Ccleaner to wipe out chrome's stuff
Uninstalled and re-installed Chrome

None of those make a difference at all whatsoever. Also I'm really weirded out because I formatted my system just a month ago.
Even flickr is acting weird.
The favouriting star shows up right on top of the photo title:

But it's actually meant to be on the side of the photo title:


I can't help but think it's all related.

And I did try using facebook on IE 8 and it works fine. (Except that too is slower than what IE8 would usually take to load)
It obviously could be an issue at the ISP. I've got cable internet and I haven't gone over my internet limit.

It's getting so frustrating! :fou:
Any help would be greatly appreciated, thank you!
4 answers Last reply
More about google chrome problem totally different
  1. have you tried using google's DNS instead of your ISPs?

    https://developers.google.com/speed/public-dns/
  2. nhasian said:
    have you tried using google's DNS instead of your ISPs?

    https://developers.google.com/speed/public-dns/


    Yeap, did that too. Forgot to mention that I did!
  3. I saw this: http://www.questionhub.com/YahooAnswers/20101103121117AAjvVQe
    I understand you said you cleared browsing cache in chrome In my chrome I have two different buttons. One says "Clear all browsing data" in History, but also under Settings and Advanced there is another under privacy that says "Clear browsing data" I am not sure if its the same or not.

    railpressureflip said:

    Flushed dns via command prompt
    Cleared browsing cache in chrome
    Used Ccleaner to wipe out chrome's stuff
    Uninstalled and re-installed Chrome
  4. nhasian said:
    I saw this: http://www.questionhub.com/YahooAnswers/20101103121117AAjvVQe
    I understand you said you cleared browsing cache in chrome In my chrome I have two different buttons. One says "Clear all browsing data" in History, but also under Settings and Advanced there is another under privacy that says "Clear browsing data" I am not sure if its the same or not.


    The browsing data in history will pretty much delete the history and the other browsing data is related to cache, as far as I know.
    I even cleared my cookies and all of my passwords and everything got deleted but it still didn't fix the problem :(
Ask a new question

Read More

Internet Applications Chrome Facebook Apps