RE4 - too much mindless killing

Archived from groups: alt.games.resident-evil (More info?)

Do any of you remember the good old days when you had to survive using your
wits and intelligence? Now you have an arsenal that rivals Tony Montana's
secret stash (sans the coke) and you go on an endless kill-fest.

And the cheesy tie-in with Wesker (as badass as he is) was tacky.

Bring back Umbrella!

On Mon, 02 May 2005 02:32:29 GMT, "Gazorp" <gazorp@yahoo.com> wrote:

|Do any of you remember the good old days when you had to survive using your
|wits and intelligence? Now you have an arsenal that rivals Tony Montana's
|secret stash (sans the coke) and you go on an endless kill-fest.
|
|And the cheesy tie-in with Wesker (as badass as he is) was tacky.
|
|Bring back Umbrella!

Seems like I'm one of the few who agrees with you! I thought the game
was fun, but I did also think it was a bit too much brainless killing
for my tastes.

Archived from groups: alt.games.resident-evil (More info?)

Yeh i kinda miss having Umbrella around, who knows maybe RE5 will see us
encountering Umbrella a bit more since Wesker's trying to revive the
organization...who knows.

airazRE wrote:
> Yeh i kinda miss having Umbrella around, who knows maybe RE5 will see us
> encountering Umbrella a bit more since Wesker's trying to revive the
> organization...who knows.

*Cries*
I want to be able to get RE4!!

--
Tr0n²

Archived from groups: alt.games.resident-evil (More info?)

Haven't you got RE4 yet? Which country do you reside in?

airazRE wrote:
> Haven't you got RE4 yet? Which country do you reside in?

Well, it IS released, but I only have £350 for the whole month... Food,
travel (£100 just for work), debt (£100-ish to go into the credit card)
and any other stuff.
I'm lucky I can skip rent for a little while, and pay off a little bit
of the credit card.
So really, £40 is not something I can afford right now.

I may swap a couple of my rubbish games, I thought would be good - but
weren't. Cut the price down to £25.

--
Tr0n²

Archived from groups: alt.games.resident-evil (More info?)

Just curious, but can't you rent games there? Perhaps you could eat and play
in the same month. I feel your pain. Tough decision, do I eat? or do I save
my sanity? You live in a very expensive country - I don't know how any of
you manage to pay bills and enjoy life. This game; however, is worth a bit
of hunger.

OF45

Archived from groups: alt.games.resident-evil (More info?)

Hey Tron i'm really sorry to hear that, I do understand with all the bills
and stuff, i'm very fortunate that my boyfriend brought RE4 for me which
was such a sweet thing to do, it's quite expensive here as well in NZ. We
brought the GameCube and RE4 bundle instead for $269.00 NZ dollars which
we saved over $100 dollars since a gamecube console on it's own is $249
and RE4 is going for $120. It was definitely a good choice buying the
bundle but hey, just look foward to the day when you can buy it...it's so
worth the money!

airazRE wrote:
> Hey Tron i'm really sorry to hear that, I do understand with all the bills
> and stuff, i'm very fortunate that my boyfriend brought RE4 for me which
> was such a sweet thing to do, it's quite expensive here as well in NZ. We
> brought the GameCube and RE4 bundle instead for $269.00 NZ dollars which
> we saved over $100 dollars since a gamecube console on it's own is $249
> and RE4 is going for $120. It was definitely a good choice buying the
> bundle but hey, just look foward to the day when you can buy it...it's so
> worth the money!

Yeah... I'm debating taking out some money I have saved up for a TFT PC
screen.
Really I don't play games too much anymore, so it wouldn't make much of
a difference.

--
Tr0n²