Sign in with
Your question

How to check microphone setting in windows vista

Last response: in Windows Vista
March 7, 2011 12:09:43 AM

Hello,

I need help configuring my mic in Windows vista. I've already opened the control panel. In the sound panel I've checked the recording tab. I have also right clicked on the white space on the window and clicked on "show disabled devices." Unfortunately, after clicking it, I don't see my microphone .

I did not use to have this problem when I used Skype until yesterday.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

N. B. I have a 32-bit operating system .

Regard;s,
Anne Panares
March 9, 2011 1:44:10 PM

Is this a built-in microphone or on a headset? If a headset try in another computer, those things go bad at times. My wife went though 3 or 4 of them in a year.
m
l
March 16, 2011 11:02:09 AM

hang-the-9 said:
Is this a built-in microphone or on a headset? If a headset try in another computer, those things go bad at times. My wife went though 3 or 4 of them in a year.

It's a built-in microphone.
m
l
Related resources
March 16, 2011 11:45:17 AM

It's a built-in microphone.
m
l
March 16, 2011 1:06:15 PM

You can check for drivers off the vendor's support web-page, possibly a re-installation of the audio hardware will detect the mic. If you check the audio options, is the microphone listed as in input device? What is the Input device listed as if not?
m
l
March 17, 2011 2:27:46 AM

Are all the drivers up to date? Have you tested it on any thing besides skype? If not test it on something else. Make sure all the skype settings are set up the correct way.
m
l
!