Use F.A.S.T. Wizard from USB drive?

bosha

Distinguished
Mar 4, 2010
Hello, I am trying to help my neighbor migrate from a P3 computer to a newer P4. Both are running WinXP. We've taken the hard drive out of the P3 and mounted it in an external case with USB connection. Once we have installed all her programs on the P4 what is the best way to transfer all her files and settings from the USB hard drive (drive 'E' when plugged in) to the P4 hard drive? Can the 'Files and Settings Transfer Wizard' be used for this? or is there another/better way?

THANKS all!
Bob

bosha

Distinguished
Mar 4, 2010
THANKS for your reply, but we already removed the hard drive from the old computer and installed it in an external USB case. Also the new computer is all hooked up to the 'old' monitor, keyboard, mouse, speakers, etc. To follow the procedure outlined in the links you provided it seems I would have to re-install the old hard drive in the old computer, disconnect and re-connect the monitor, etc. and run FAST on the old computer, then do the same again on the new computer. What I really wanted to know was if there is a way to use FAST with the old hard drive connected to the new computer via USB as drive 'E', OR if there is another method that does not use FAST?

Bob