DoC_Sean

Distinguished
Oct 6, 2007
i just bought a ecs geforce6100sm-m its a am2
i also bought 2 sticks of 1 gig ram,(same brand is a package)
when i put 1 stick in all is well...when i put the second one in
i get a black screen (no boot) i was reading on the ecs website
that the mobo should be good up too 4 gigs worth of ram

im thinking it chould be a bios issue ,but i have never flashed a bios
and am alittle nervoues about trying it
i tryed finding a support for this one the ecs website \
but good luck there and there is NO contact numbers :fou:
any input whould be great....

g-paw

Splendid
Jan 31, 2006
Are both sticks good, i.e., have you tested each stick? Make sure you inserting the 2nd one into the correct slot, manual should tell you which one the second one should go in. Try clearing the CMOS, instructions should be in the manual. Most mobo sites provide instructions for updating the BIOS on the page you download the new ones or someone where on the support page. If both sticks of RAM are good, possible the board is defective

If memtest passes both sticks, I would exchange the board if you can. You have 30 days to exchange it, or 15 for the cpu. Fry's has never given me any problems returning an item as long as you have all the accessories and original box.

onestar

Distinguished
Aug 16, 2007
That board only has two slots with a maximum supported memory of 16GB so the issue could be that the second slot of memory is not seated well, or you bought Kingston RAM. Kingston ram fails to be read in DIMM slot one and you really have to work hard to get a module seated correctly in slot 1. There is the chance things could work though, if you reset your bios to the default (factory) settings.

This board is cheap but will work rather well for the dollars if you find one that works. Some of them just do not.