Turning on spell check for outlook express

I have a laptop and desktop system both running xp when i go to outlook
express and go to tools and tab to options under options on my laptop
there is a tab for spelling but under options on my desktop there is no
tab for spelling,so when i go to check spelling on the desktop spelling
is greyed in also if i go to insert,picture that is greyed in also.
can anyone tell me where to go on my desktop to activate spell check
and other. :confused:

--
Bill Weil
2 answers Last reply

    [[Outlook Express uses the spelling checker provided with the following
    Microsoft Office programs: Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, and Microsoft
    PowerPoint. If you do not have one of these programs installed, the Spelling
    command is not available.]]

    If you do and it still doesn't work.

    Scroll down to 9
    Why doesn't spell check work?
    Top ten countdown in Outlook Express
    http://www.microsoft.com/windows/IE/community/columns/OEtopten.mspx

    Spell check not working in XP Outlook Express
    http://michaelstevenstech.com/spellcheck.htm

    How To: Fix spell checking in Outlook Express 6
    http://www.tech-pro.co.uk/howto_010.html

    -----

    CSAPI3T1.DLL

    You can download it from here:
    http://www2.whidbey.net/djdenham/csapi3t1.htm

    Or a better way to get it from your CD
    http://www.theeldergeek.com/oe_spellcheck.htm

    If you prefer not to expand the file from your own XP CD or can't get the
    procedure to work properly; Download Expanded CSAPI3T1.DLL File
    directly into C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\Proof
    http://www.theeldergeek.com/Downloads/CSAPI3T1.zip

    --
    Hope this helps. Let us know.

    Wes
    MS-MVP Windows Shell/User

    In news:Bill.Weil.1rvjpn@pcbanter.net,
    Bill Weil <Bill.Weil.1rvjpn@pcbanter.net> hunted and pecked:

    "Bill Weil" <Bill.Weil.1rvjpn@pcbanter.net> wrote in message
    > I have a laptop and desktop system both running xp when i go to
    > outlook express and go to tools and tab to options under options on
    > my laptop there is a tab for spelling but under options on my desktop
    > there is no tab for spelling,so when i go to check spelling on the
    > desktop spelling is greyed in also if i go to insert,picture that is
    > greyed in also. can anyone tell me where to go on my desktop to
    > activate spell check and other. :confused:

    OE does not come with a spelling checker. It uses the spelling checker from
    any Office program that has one. Do you have such a program?

    If not you could try one of these:

    Free spellchecker.
    which I use on my laptop, which has Works.
    http://www.majorgeeks.com/article.php?sid=2952&cat=10A

    $15 shareware
    http://www.spellchecker.com/

    And here's a freeware that checks your spelling as you type:
    TinySpell
    http://www.megspace.com/computers/tinyspell/

    See also:
    Bill James' SpellCheck Fix
    http://www.billsway.com/notes_public/Fix_OE_SpellCheck.txt

    --
    Frank Saunders, MS-MVP, IE/OE
    http://www.fjsmjs.com

Outlook Express Desktops Microsoft Windows XP