X1900XT won't post...bios flash?

illicitsc

Distinguished
Jan 13, 2006
ok so all of a sudden my card stops posting, won't post as a primary card in any mobo. So i take it to my friend's house and put it as a secondary card and the computer detects the card (asks for drivers) but doesn't output video.
His mobo is a p5k deluxe, and he is using a 8800gts at the moment. My initial plan was to attempt to flash the x1900 bios, but lo and behold...atiwinflash doesn't run...is it because he has an nvidia card?
Anyone have a diagnosis for the x1900? btw warranty is gone, so rma is out of the question.

randomizer

Champion

Wait a moment... when you say it won't POST, you mean you get beeping and stuff or just no signal? Because it may be POSTing and you just can't see it.

EDIT: If you have a PCI card lying around that's handy too, but you could always use a floppy that can automatically flash the card for you without any user input. But it must be able to POST even without signal to work. Check your PMs btw.

illicitsc

Distinguished
Jan 13, 2006
there's no POST beep. the system just hangs. also of note is that the fan usually slows down considerably after POST, but it stays grinding like a jet engine even when i tried to fix it in my friend's comp