Kris2456

Distinguished
May 18, 2006
Hi, I am building a new system for friend and he chose this: http://www.ebuyer.com/UK/product/128052 case.

Anyway, inside there are these "bumps" that i think we need to screw the mobo to. Mounting pillars are provided but there are only 3 and they make the board sit way to high.

I am worried about mounting on these bumps as they look as if they are made of metal. If anyone could help that would be great. Here are some pics too:

Bumps:
dsc04554mh2.jpg

Close up:
dsc04556vj0.jpg

Why spacers wont work:
dsc04559du5.jpg

SKyriDe

Distinguished
Sep 11, 2007
Dont worry dude. You are suppost to fit those copper risers on the bump and no current goes through the mobo holes anyway. So go ahead mate.

Kris2456

Distinguished
May 18, 2006
From the last picture as you can see if we fit these brass spacers the motherboard back pannel rises above the holes

EDIT: we just tried fitting the mobo (with no power ofc) into the case on the bumps and it fits perfectly. I am just not sure.

Kris2456

Distinguished
May 18, 2006
There is no manual, the case seems a bit wierd i did not think this case would be this random. But i think that the bumps serve the same purpose as the spacers as without using spacers the mobo fits perfectly.

Its just that i have not seen a design like this before and we only got 3 pillars in this mobo.

You screw right into the bumps. they are built in standoffs....the stand offs work in the threaded holes where there is no bump.

If your board is a ATX board.

untitledys0.gif

excuse my ms paint gif :)

Note some boards are not the full depth so they use different holes(some boards overhand with no standoffs at the end....)..mATX boards use those extras in the middle....

atxsx1.gif

Blue = built in standoffs
Red = Screw in ones

wow you must let boards hang far off the end with no standoffs? or you just have a board that is not as deep as a normal ATX board?

K7S5A not as deep
GA P35 DS3R(so are many other gigabyte borads) not as deep
there are others, none that i own

Unless we know that board in question your accusation means nothing.

As i said some boards will use different standoffs. Either way when there is no standoffs i use plastic ones for board support against installing ram and such...

03002.jpg

like this but flat on the bottom instead. these onces snap through the tray....but you get the idea....