Please help me with my overclocking of E6300

xAce84x

Distinguished
Dec 6, 2007
Hello guys, I overclocked my E6300 on ASUS P5N-E SLI motherboardt I have E6300 up to 2.91GHz with 1.59 FBS and 1.37Vcore.I ran the torture test on prime95 with no problems until just now. My temperature ran up to 60-62 while idle. And up to as high as 73 while running the prime95 torture test. I immediately lower the vcore to 1.25 and have been running steadily until I started playing the game "Lord of the Ring: Battleship of Middle-Earth 2," my computer would either just shut down on me or there would be some weird Korean letters appearing on a black screen of the monitor. Even with trying to lower the overclocking and the vcore, the problem still wouldn't be solved. So I decided to just reset my bios back to original and bought a new CPU fan ZALMAN CNPS9500 LED 92mm 2 Ball Cooling Fan and replace my 2 stock 120mm fans. I hope with these fans, I will be able to lower my temperature to 40-50 degrees while idle with my old overclocking way. Is there any suggestions that you guys might have for me to lower my temperature or to just better my overclocking? Thanks

cfvh600

Distinguished
Oct 8, 2007
Your temperatures are bound to get high at that speed with stock cooling. With a aftermarket heatsink/fan it will definately improve.

xringx

Distinguished
May 2, 2007
You can move the vcore around until stability. There should plenty of steps offered by your bios between 1.125 and the stock vcore.

But it might be your memory crapping out also. My initial problems with OC'ing came from limitations of my memory (different than now)........

What are your memory specs?

Also for temps, the one you want are reasonable to achieve. The difference may come down to air flow, eliminating dead air spots, proper seating of the heatsink etc.