Sign in with
Your question

Looking for alternative media players.

Last response: in Applications
July 3, 2012 3:07:14 PM

I have vlc installed right now and all though i have used it for a while and love it i want a new media player. The only reason i am considering this is that every once in a while i have memory leaks with vlc. All of sudden it is using a little bit of my ram than bam it starts eating it up. I was considering mpc but unlike vlc i cant turn the volume up past 100 on mpc and on vlc i can turn it up to 200 so i was looking for something that like vlc will allow me to turn my volume up.
July 3, 2012 3:54:32 PM

What OS are you running?
m
l
July 3, 2012 4:06:59 PM

Windows 7.
m
l
Related resources
July 3, 2012 4:17:22 PM

kjb1686 said:
I have vlc installed right now and all though i have used it for a while and love it i want a new media player. The only reason i am considering this is that every once in a while i have memory leaks with vlc. All of sudden it is using a little bit of my ram than bam it starts eating it up. I was considering mpc but unlike vlc i cant turn the volume up past 100 on mpc and on vlc i can turn it up to 200 so i was looking for something that like vlc will allow me to turn my volume up.

Well, I think you're going about it wrong. Instead of switching to a different player, when most all other players don't compare to VLC (imo), I would rather try to fix the memory problem.

What kind of videos are you watching? Quality, file size and extension type would be helpful to know.
m
l
July 3, 2012 4:21:06 PM

Mostly anime and tv shows the tv shows are avi format standard hd and the anime are 480p and 720p and are .mkv. I watch .mp4 file videos also sometimes.
m
l
July 3, 2012 5:38:45 PM

Well i was just looking through to see if there were any media players out there that were either better or have something vlc doesnt. Like i said it only happens once in awhile so it is not like happening everytime i use vlc. In fact i am watching a file now and vlc is using about 47,000 killobytes according to task manager.
m
l
July 3, 2012 6:16:19 PM

kjb1686 said:
Well i was just looking through to see if there were any media players out there that were either better or have something vlc doesnt. Like i said it only happens once in awhile so it is not like happening everytime i use vlc. In fact i am watching a file now and vlc is using about 47,000 killobytes according to task manager.

What version of VLC are you running?
m
l
July 3, 2012 6:27:20 PM

2.0.1 twoflower i dont have the newest one installed because i was waiting for some answers.
m
l
!