Sign in with
Your question

I need help..... (literally too but thats another story)

Last response: in Components
September 20, 2007 4:00:36 AM

Hi All,

This is my problem:

In Australia, you can't gamble (via internet) on "In Play" matches. You have to do it over the phone, which takes waaaay too long if your trading the peaks & bottoms.

I need my computer to tell betfairs software that I am in a country other than Australia.

I believe, and have been told, that this can be done but am unsure as to how.

Would anyone be able to help? Would be really appreciated.

Cheers
Trev

More about : literally story

September 20, 2007 5:59:39 AM

lidonnit said:
Hi All,

This is my problem:

In Australia, you can't gamble (via internet) on "In Play" matches. You have to do it over the phone, which takes waaaay too long if your trading the peaks & bottoms.

I need my computer to tell betfairs software that I am in a country other than Australia.

Cheers
Trev

You'd have to use an off-shore relay proxy, and one from a country that did not have an agreement with ASIO. But if ASIO or AFP had any suspicions, they'd monitor your activities at the source - your ISP. An occassional flutter is good fun, but I'd not like to take a flutter with my freedom.
September 20, 2007 6:31:02 AM

Thats cool, thanks for that.... Where do I find these offshore relay proxy deals???
Related resources
September 20, 2007 7:07:34 AM

lidonnit said:
Thats cool, thanks for that.... Where do I find these offshore relay proxy deals???

Not my field, mate.... I have to work with ASIO. Please look elsewhere.
September 20, 2007 7:47:29 AM

What is the jail sentence for that?
September 20, 2007 8:36:45 AM

There is a program called "anonymity gateway" which works by hiding your IP by using proxys in various countries around the world. It's quite a good program but mate, is it worth the risk? Gambling your money is one thing but gambling with your freedom is another! I say rethink the whole issue and save your money for a PC upgrade! (or whatever you fancy)
September 20, 2007 9:38:39 AM

lidonnit said:
Hi All,

This is my problem:

Cheers
Trev

This may help... You didn't say what state you are in.

http://www.healthinsite.gov.au/topics/Gambling
September 20, 2007 10:50:47 AM

Not work the risk. plus asking about it on a public forum is bad news
September 20, 2007 12:06:46 PM

As a Libertarian, I'm glad to see someone offered this guy some advice... it's his damned money and if he wants to risk it gambling, he should be able to.

F da police!
September 20, 2007 11:18:00 PM

Thanks to the one person who actually gave me some info on it. Cheers for that

Thank you all for the concerns about my prison sentence, however, you're all just a little delusional.

ASIO, AFP, QSP, The FBI, the CIA, the FSB, the Mossad, the NKVD can all check my computer when they, there is nothing on it to hide..... & if they want to monitor what I do, then thats fine too & IF, in their infinite wisdom, they decide that I should go to prison for re-configuring my PC so it does what I want it too well i'll go heeee.

Seriously guys, back to reality now.

Cheers
Lido
September 22, 2007 4:38:13 AM

I wasn't concerned about your potential prison sentence, I was just curious what a sentence for something like that might be. It doesn't really matter though because I don't live in Australia and I don't gamble.
September 22, 2007 4:57:03 AM

Well i thought it was the gambling company that was restricted from allowing an Australian in that country to bet? Wasn't aware that HE was actualy committing a crime if he found a way to do it.
I'm assuming this "not worth the risk" that people are mentioning is from illigaly using some proxy that you shouldn't have access on?? Are people just assuming the laws here or do they know what law/crime is being committed. Further what if he uses a proxy that he has legal access to use?
Course i'd assume that if he won big and the company found out he had been in Australia when he won i'm sure they would wave about the terms of service and demand the money back
!