Thermaltake Armor LCS and Crossfire?

corporateslave

Distinguished
Dec 13, 2007
I'm pretty sure I will be getting a Thermaltake Armor LCS case for Christmas. It seemed to get pretty good reviews, but it is about the cheapest integrated liquid cooled case I can find and I can't find a single review that has temps for it cooling a dual graphics card configuration.

I am planning on overclocking my CPU as much as possible as well as my gpus. I currently have a Formula Maximus mobo w/an Intel Core 2 Duo E6850 and an ATI Radeon 3870. I plan on getting another 3870 in the near future.

My questions are:
-Will the Thermaltake Armor LCS be able to handle liquid cooling the motherboard, CPU and dual GPUs?
-Would I be better off just cooling the motherboard and CPU with the liquid cooling and getting 2 Thermaltake Duorbs(or some other aftermarket air cooling) for my 3870s? The Duorb seems to keep a 3870 quite cool based on this review: http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/hardware-canucks-reviews/3270-his-radeon-hd3870-review-crossfire-performance-preview-9.html

thanks

cnumartyr

Distinguished
Nov 3, 2007
I wouldn't push a thermaltake system too hard. I'd be happy if I got decent temps on the CPU and motherboard...

Sorry I'm biased. I hate Thermaltake and Koolance WCing products.

phreejak

Distinguished
May 11, 2006
The pump in the Thermaltake Armor LCS is the Thermaltake P500, which has a flowrate of 500lph (132gph) and can be fitted with 1/4ID or 3/8ID fittings. The liquid cooling system in that case uses 3/8 ID tubing. Now, as far as pumps go, the P500 is on the lower end of the spectrum for capabilities. It wouldn't take alot to stress that pump so asking it to cool a CPU AND a crossfire setup is going to be pushing it. You would get less than ideal results - especially with the smallish tubing diameter of the cooling system.