nagukush

Distinguished
Sep 20, 2007
Hi Friends !

My System Config is as below -

Intel Core 2 Quad 2.4 GHZ (Q6600)
2 GB RAM
XFX Geforce 8600 GTS

Now though I exceed the recommended system requirements of Rainbow Six Vegas by a fairly good margin, its doesnt work well on my PC ! It says that my Processor is less than the minimu requirements !

Obviously its not able to detect or is not compatible with my processor - any ideas or help on fixing this will be a great favour to me. Please help !

Thanks in advance !
Regards and Care
NK

chookman

Distinguished
Mar 23, 2007
The game still runs does it not... this is only a warning.

It should run fine its just one of those silly things where they set the installer to detect processors faster than say 2.8ghz now cause the q6600 runs at 2.4ghz it thinks it doesnt mean the requirements when it obviously will. I say continue playing ;)

You may find this runs slow with the 8600gts id suggest lowering the res and detail if you have problems in that regard.

That game is brutal on video cards. I'd say the 8600 isn't good enough. I tried playing that on a 7800 and an 8800gts 640, and it wasn't the greatest. It played fine on an 8800gtx though. Same machine each time.

Try turning the graphics down to minimum. That might help.

Did you search for updates to the game ?

drivers updated ?

I would find it hard to believe the cpu is the cause. Hope not, I'll be picking one up for myself soon. ........... good luck

emp

Distinguished
Dec 15, 2004
That game will massacre that 8600GTS, take it easy on the shadows for better performance. I would honestly not recommend that amazing game to anyone who isn't willing to completely sacrifice image quality unless they have either a HD2900XT, 8800GTS or GTX.

Granite3

Distinguished
Aug 17, 2006
Bingo on the shadows and lighting!

Even with an e6600 at 3.2 and an 8800 gtx at ultra speeds, there were noticeable lags with everything on high playing at 1920 x 1200.

I got the same error on mine regarding cpu after install, but it played well!

Great game, too!

Gryphyn

Distinguished
May 18, 2006
Awesome game, but with some problems. The online interface needs serious help, as well as the dedicated server. There is no dedicated server client you can download...you have to buy a copy of the game.

mrmez

Splendid
8600 FTL!!!
The game can be quite taxing.
I was running e4300 @ 3.0 + gts320 @ 14x10 rez. Worked 100% on max :)
Have since upgraded to q6600 + new hdd so i havent played it yet.
Cant remember cpu usage patterns, but i remember it was taxing on the cpu, and afaik it WONT use more than 2 cores.

Still, the 8600 is obviously the major weak point.

Gryphyn

Distinguished
May 18, 2006
I'm running an Opty 170 Oc'd 35% to 2.7 Ghz, 2 Gigs @DDR450, and an EVGA 8800GTS640 Oc'd. The game runs silky smooth @ 1280x1024, Though in some areas when long distance views of the strip (such as the map freemont street, when you walk outside into a firefight) pop up, the frame rate takes a dive. After reading about other games based on the same engine (Unreal 2 I believe) that run much better, I have come to the conclusion that this game just isn't optimised very well, and it hurts unless you have power to waste on it.

Interestingly enough, after reading many places how this game isn't supposed to utilize multiple cores, I ran Riva Tuner while playing several times to see if it was true. Though I have no background programs running besides Xfire, both of my cores are constantly pegged at 80-100% while running the game. So, maybe they've fixed that a bit?

I agree with everyone else here though, your 8600 is what is stopping you. Several of my friends can play it well on AMD X2 3800's with 7600GTs after we knocked down some of the graphical settings.

Put it at 1024x768. Turn Motion blur off, turn Vsync off, blur quality down, shadows down. HDR can also be very taxing, though it is nice to have on, you might see a big improvement if you leave that off as well. If the game runs very smoothly, try upping a setting or two just a bit, until it starts to slow down again.

You might also download the squizzy res patch to allow you to set custom resolutions (like 1152x864) that the game doesn't natively support, if 1024x768 is just too low for you.

Vegas is a painful game because it is so good that it teeters on the edge of phenomenal. As you play throught the game, and with friends, the areas where it is lacking are painfully obvious, and if only UBI had spent a little more time polishing things up, optimising, and filling out the online multiplayer options, they would have had an explosive fan base. As it is, most seem to be frustrated by what the game could have been, and isn't. I am included in that set, but that isn't going to stop me from playing it, as it is the best I've found in this genre right now.

Hoping Ground Branch by Blackfoot Studios is the next winner...Hoping they can pull off what Ubi seems unable to.

bfellow

Distinguished
Dec 22, 2006
AMDZone states it does use multiple cores including quad-core! This will slightly increase your frame rate compared to single or dual core.

Mohammad_22

Distinguished
Apr 26, 2009
Well it is very obvious that the processor you are using is the problem 2.4 is not enough , cause the game requires 3 ghz cpu frequency see frequency now even if you have core 2 quad cause this is the cache of the cpu not it`s frequency, i know my answer is very not on time but may be it is useful to you or anyone else
Thanks.