Sign in with
Your question

I'm disabled, thus EXTREMELY POOR, and need computer help!!

Last response: in Opinions and Experiences
November 9, 2012 11:06:34 PM

Hi Everybody ~ My name is Paul, and as you see in the message title, I'm disabled and very poor, and cannot afford to take my 'puter to a 'repair shop'!! Also, due to my poverty, the computer [which I often call 'puter] was given to me for free, and is actually 4TH hand [as opposed to 2ND hand] and came with its share of problems. Here is exactly what pops up periodically every day. At the very top in a blue bar it says: "UpdaterService: Updater.exe - Bad Image." Then, the body of the message says this:
The application or DLL C:\WINDOWS\system32\sensapi . dll is not a valid Windows image. Please check this against your installation diskette.

Incidentally, I don't have any diskettes at all. This 'puter is so old it has a floppy disk drive, but now has DVD drives, thanks to a friend. Please, please, PLEASE tell me this can be fixed. It's the only 'puter I have and can't afford one. Also, I don't do anything on it except for researching and e-mails and NOTHING that would be considered risky, or "bad" whatsoever. I'd really appreciate someone's help if you can, and thanks in advance. Also, I have NO IDEA what category to select below this box here!
November 12, 2012 11:02:45 AM

most software pc issues can be fixed. sometimes they just need a bit of research and patience to get through.

i did a google search and came up with some results for you to read. i looked over a few and it seems some people had solutions.

http://www.google.com/search?q=sensapi.dll&sourceid=ie7...

November 16, 2012 7:14:13 PM

Paul, there are lots of free tools to scan your machine for viruses and other unwanted programs. This could be causing this issue, but either way it is a good idea to scan. I like Avast, AVG and Microsoft Security Essentials for viruses (choose one) and MalwaryBytes or Super Antispyware for other unwanted stuff. Google for their website, download and install the free version and do a full scan. Avast also can do a boot scan so it can eliminate viruses before they load into Windows.
!