joewho

Distinguished
Dec 25, 2006
Well, I have one on the way Gigabyte X38. I also picked up 2ea 2900pro 1gig cards to crossfire in it. This will be a first for me with crossfire, sure hope it works. Could not wait for the X48. Waiting sucks, there is always something new next month or two.

General_Disturbance

Distinguished
Aug 6, 2007
Really you think its a flop? Doesn't the 2 PCIe 2.0 16X at least make it worth it? I would like to do crossfire and thought the P35 was too limited in that it doesn't have full 16X lanes, and it isn't as future proof with PCIe 1.1?
Thoughts?

nicolasb

Distinguished
Sep 5, 2006
How could intel create a chipset that only works with ATI/AMD crossfire, but doesnt work with nvidia SLI. Now thats funny.
It is nothing whatever to do with Intel. As far as the hardware is concerned, SLI is fully supported. What you should be asking is, why has Nvidia decided to deliberately cripple their drivers so that SLI is prevented from working unless the drivers detect that the motherboard uses Nvidia chips?

The answer, of course, is that Nvidia wants to force you to buy Nvidia m/b products to get SLI, because they make more money that way. You shouldn't blame Intel because Nvidia is greedy and doesn't care about its customers. :)