Sign in with
Your question

please help me with what my pll is on laptop!

Last response: in Overclocking
December 16, 2007 3:34:02 PM

hi, i would like to overclock my laptop, from 1.73 ghz celeron m to around 2ghz. i can not do this in the bios because there is no option to. i have tried using clockgen but i do not know my PLL, i have taken apart my pc and spent hours searching the web. cpuz says that the mainboard is an acer grapevine and that the chipset is an intel i943/940gml. the laptop is an acer aspire 3692wlmi but has 1 gb ram, not 512 and the celeron m 430, not 420. if you need any more info, please ask! please tell me if you know / another way to find out the PLL for this chipset.

More about : pll laptop

December 17, 2007 3:10:02 AM

hey man, this really isn't worth the trouble. Laptops really weren't meant for overclocking. Heat dissipation/energy consumption is MUCH more of an issue in laptops. And anyway, i doubt you'll notice any difference with that kind of overclock, and besides, with that kind of processor all you can be doing anyway is word processing, etc...

i learned the hard way that if you really want to overclock, you have to buy hardware that can support it easily to begin with :( 
December 17, 2007 2:21:13 PM

ok, thanks for your opinion. anyone else know how i can find this pll?
August 8, 2012 10:12:50 PM

:hello: 
confused boy said:
hi, i would like to overclock my laptop, from 1.73 ghz celeron m to around 2ghz. i can not do this in the bios because there is no option to. i have tried using clockgen but i do not know my PLL, i have taken apart my pc and spent hours searching the web. cpuz says that the mainboard is an acer grapevine and that the chipset is an intel i943/940gml. the laptop is an acer aspire 3692wlmi but has 1 gb ram, not 512 and the celeron m 430, not 420. if you need any more info, please ask! please tell me if you know / another way to find out the PLL for this chipset.

Use this info, my laptop has the same data, and RTM876-660 works for me... :p  :bounce: 
!