What do you think?......

Archived from groups: alt.games.resident-evil (More info?)

Ok, it's very plain to see that Resident Evil is and always be my fav game
but what bugs me the most is that the movie didn't follow half of what the
game is about? Ok, so it had Umbrella, zombie and zombie dogs, Jill,
Carlos, Nemesis, STARS (where was Chris??) and so forth but I am obviously
disappointed that the movie didnt entirely follow through with the game.
Ok, so RE has such a big story behind it and maybe the movie producers
wanted to do their own thing but what's the point of making a movie when
you aint going to stick to the whole story completely?? Should've given
it to Peter Jackson or George Lucas to make hahaha, maybe I'm a critical
person but the movie certainly didnt do the game any justice at all.
Where was Chris *drools*, Claire, Steve, Rebecca, Billy *drools again*
etc???

Wulf

Distinguished
Jan 25, 2005

airazRE wrote:
> Ok, it's very plain to see that Resident Evil is and always be my fav game
> but what bugs me the most is that the movie didn't follow half of what the
> game is about? Ok, so it had Umbrella, zombie and zombie dogs, Jill,
> Carlos, Nemesis, STARS (where was Chris??) and so forth but I am obviously
> disappointed that the movie didnt entirely follow through with the game.
> Ok, so RE has such a big story behind it and maybe the movie producers
> wanted to do their own thing but what's the point of making a movie when
> you aint going to stick to the whole story completely?? Should've given
> it to Peter Jackson or George Lucas to make hahaha, maybe I'm a critical
> person but the movie certainly didnt do the game any justice at all.
> Where was Chris *drools*, Claire, Steve, Rebecca, Billy *drools again*
> etc???

I agree wholeheartedly (including the drooling). The first movie was
barely related to Resident Evil, in my opinion. I suppose the producers
felt it would be pointless to make a movie that closely followed the
game, since fans would already know everything that happened. Though by
that reasoning, why make a movie that follows a book closely?

I'd love to see a live-action series of movies that actually followed
the stories laid out in the games, even though I've played them all so
many times.

Archived from groups: alt.games.resident-evil (More info?)

Thankyou Wulf...at last someone who agrees and understands where I am
coming from *sighs*. Ok when the first RE movie came out, I went into the
cinema with a big smile on my face (so excited I tell you) and I come back
out with the most fustrated and disappointed facial expression ever. I
felt let down so badly, a game I loved so much had been made a victim of a
poorly made movie which had no relevance to the story of Resident Evil.
Resident Evil Apocolypse was no different except I loved what they did
with Nemesis but that was about it!!! It would've been so neat to see
Chris, Claire and others brought to life oh hey Wulf..where in the
Resident Evil game series does it say Jill smokes????? Oh and also..who da
f*** is Alice?..where in the game do we come across Alice (I must say
though, Mila did an awesome job but I would've perferred her to be Jill).
I've never totally been satisfied with games turned into movies..like I
said, give it to George Lucas to make ahaha. I guess my attitude to the
movie is obviously not a good one, being such an awesome game, I really
wanted the movie to be exactly like it. Your right though, fans would
know what to expect but I would've loved to have seen it come to life :)

Zaria

Wulf

Distinguished
Jan 25, 2005

airazRE wrote:
> Thankyou Wulf...at last someone who agrees and understands where I am
> coming from *sighs*. Ok when the first RE movie came out, I went into the
> cinema with a big smile on my face (so excited I tell you) and I come back
> out with the most fustrated and disappointed facial expression ever. I
> felt let down so badly, a game I loved so much had been made a victim of a
> poorly made movie which had no relevance to the story of Resident Evil.
> Resident Evil Apocolypse was no different except I loved what they did
> with Nemesis but that was about it!!! It would've been so neat to see
> Chris, Claire and others brought to life oh hey Wulf..where in the
> Resident Evil game series does it say Jill smokes????? Oh and also..who da
> f*** is Alice?..where in the game do we come across Alice (I must say
> though, Mila did an awesome job but I would've perferred her to be Jill).
> I've never totally been satisfied with games turned into movies..like I
> said, give it to George Lucas to make ahaha. I guess my attitude to the
> movie is obviously not a good one, being such an awesome game, I really
> wanted the movie to be exactly like it. Your right though, fans would
> know what to expect but I would've loved to have seen it come to life :)
>
> Zaria

Believe it or not, I somehow missed the first movie when it was in
theatres. I didn't know anything about it, until someone mentioned it
online, months later. I did catch it on cable, but like you, I was very
disappointed.

Apocalypse, however, I went to see with my brother (at an afternoon
matinee, so we wouldn't be jumping at every shadow when we got out of
the theatre). I hated it a little less, though I really would have
preferred it follow the game story a bit.

From what I've read on the Capcom message board and other places, we're
not alone in being disappointed in the RE movies. In fact, I don't
remember anyone loving either of them.

Archived from groups: alt.games.resident-evil (More info?)

On Mon, 16 May 2005 20:10:35 -0500, Wulf <wulf@goldfieldaccess.net>
wrote:

| From what I've read on the Capcom message board and other places, we're
|not alone in being disappointed in the RE movies. In fact, I don't
|remember anyone loving either of them.

Google the archives for this ng. There's one guy who thinks they are
like the bestest movies ever or something.

Archived from groups: alt.games.resident-evil (More info?)

With part 1, talk about cheap FX and a lame story, part 2 yeh it was ok
'action' wise but as mentioned, Nemesis was about the only thing I liked
about it. Honestly, if they're thinking about bringing out part 3, I'm
not going to waste my money watching it at the movies, I'll just wait till
it comes out on TV hahaha. Just like you Wulf, I wouldve loved to see
them bring Leon, Billy or Chris to life..oh and hey, I'm not suprised that
other people think the same as us about the movie.

Archived from groups: alt.games.resident-evil (More info?)

I just caught the movie on DVD, and thought it was very so-so, but I
didn't hate it. When Alice arrived on motorcycle with guns blazing, I
couldn't help thinking more of Lara Croft:: Tomb Raider than any STARRS
member. Nemesis in love was a bit too much for my ability to suspend
disbelief. I'm not sure that games can be developed into films due to
the sketchy plot and character development of the games. Might work in
reverse, though.

Archived from groups: alt.games.resident-evil (More info?)

In message <1119356033.679332.259700@g43g2000cwa.googlegroups.com>
"spironical" <spironical@nospammail.net> wrote:

> I just caught the movie on DVD, and thought it was very so-so, but I
> didn't hate it. When Alice arrived on motorcycle with guns blazing, I
> couldn't help thinking more of Lara Croft:: Tomb Raider than any STARRS
> member. Nemesis in love was a bit too much for my ability to suspend
> disbelief. I'm not sure that games can be developed into films due to
> the sketchy plot and character development of the games. Might work in
> reverse, though.

Somebody suggested on here or one of the forums last year that
Capcom were working on a movie tie-in from one of the aborted RE4's.

I've only just got round to seeing RE:A on DVD and was very impressed
to be honest. It really seems like the producer and director have based
it much more on RE3 and CV than RE2.

The first film I didn't like, it just seemed so shallow in storyline
when all the games (Especially RE1 and RE:make) were quite in-depth.

Anyone got any suggestions with what they can base a movie on next? I'd
personally love to see a "true" movie version of RE:CV.

Cheers,
Rob

TRENDING THREADS