Nov 27, 2007
Specs:

Motherboard: Gigabyte X-38 DQ6
CPU: Q6600 G0
PSU: Thermaltake Toughpower 750 W Modular
RAM: Geil 2GB 800mhz
CPU FAN: ASUS Silent Square Pro
Case: NZXT Lexa Blackline

The problem is, if I connect the wire from the CPU fan to the RPM controller, the mobo keeps beeping forever. Also, the display on the RPM controller says 0 RPM. I have no idea whats going, so I had to disconnect the controller and just set the CPU fan wire to the motherboard's CPU_FAN connector.

Has anyone an idea of whats going on?

redhawtcar

Distinguished
Nov 27, 2007
P.D: Heres a pic with the fan and the rpm controller im talking about:

11516456361.jpg

redhawtcar

Distinguished
Nov 27, 2007
This is still happening and I updated my BIOS. WTF is going on? I want to set rpm's to the lowest when I leave my PC at night on :(

Evilonigiri

Splendid
Jun 8, 2007
It could be that the fan controller is defective. It kinda hard to know what the problem is without being there. Is the fan controller connected to the motherboard? If so, disconnect it and give it a try.

Mondoman

Splendid
It sounds like your BIOS is sounding a "CPU fan failed" warning, since it doesn't detect any CPU fan RPM on the CPUFAN connector. Just go into the BIOS and deactivate the warning for CPU fan rpm.

redhawtcar

Distinguished
Nov 27, 2007
The rpm controller DOESN'T work when conected. The display is all blue and it says 0 RPM, which is not true. It doesnt modify the RPM if you move the wheel. Also, I tried dissabling from the BIOS the CPU fan alarm and the CPUFAN autocontrol. Nothing works.