Sign in with
Your question

Phenom overclock question

Last response: in Overclocking
December 18, 2007 3:51:31 AM

Ive never really overclocked before and I was messing with Easy Tune 5 Pro, moved my cpu(Phenom) from 2.3ghz to 2.5ghz and the cpu didnt change in temperature at all even when runing a 2hour stress test.

My question would be is it harmfull for the cpu if it isnt even overheating?
I got it all the way to 2.6ghz without changing anything,no voltages,and no overclocking any other component.

Basically could I leave it at that speed if I didnt change voltages without harming the cpu?,Ive got the biggest Zalman cpu cooler I could find on it the temps didnt even move.
December 18, 2007 11:10:44 AM

That is the ideal overclock. To increase the speed of the processor without losing stability, without increasing voltages and without increasing temperatures. I would be extremely happy and leave it at 2.6Ghz. Is 2.6 the maximum the AMD overdrive takes the cpu too, in the basic overclocking page?
December 18, 2007 6:53:57 PM

In EAsy Tune: 2.7 seems to be the max...I tried it and the comp locked up, just under 2.7 was fine..so the max stable would be like 2.68.

From the tech vids for AMD overdrive the 2.2ghz chip was able to go up to 3.0ghz stable(all 4 cores!), I havent been able to find a download for the program it would be VERY usefull for benchmarking to compete with all these darn Intel lovers:-)
Related resources
December 19, 2007 12:14:08 AM

Tusk to all intel user's :non:  . Hehe. But seriously, it seems like vcore is probably holding it back from higher o/c's.

Here's a link if you'd like to try AMD Overdrive : http://downloads.guru3d.com/download.php?det=1792

You'll need a 7 series mobo and may get troubles running it in Vista 64 but plz give it a go ;) . Would like to see more people getting 400+ Mhz overclocks on AMD's :) .

Could I be so cheeky as to ask for a CPU score on 3Dmark06 or a 1M SuperPi test please? (@ both stock and o/c'ed)
May 10, 2009 3:21:51 PM

I NOTICED THAT MY PHENOM NOW RUNS AT FULL SPEED ALL THE TIME AFTER DISABLING COOL AND QUEIT ON THE BIOS
THIS IS VERFIED BY CPU-Z
!