Sign in with
Your question

Front side speaker/headphone question

Last response: in Components
September 23, 2007 10:28:34 PM

Hello, I have a Thermaltake shark tower, and a rather stupid question regarding it.. namely, I can't figure out where is or how does the front speaker/headphone cable look like nor where to plug it on the mobo..

I thought that I just had to plug it in the speaker slot on the mobo (among the led slots) but apparently that is not it.

I have a Gigabyte P35 DS4 mobo.

Thanks
September 23, 2007 11:47:06 PM

:)  I'm not the only one then.
I've had my build for about 4 months now and still can't figure it out.
I have an Asus Commando motherboard and an NZXT Lexa case, and I have the front panel audio connectors connected to a slot on the stand-alone soundcard that comes with the motherboard (similar to the card that comes with the Striker mobos), but no sound whatsoever.
I haven't really needed them, but it would be nice to have them working nonetheless (and certainly more comfortable to connect a mic to instead of connecting it to the back).
I might have them connected to where the case speaker should be, but I don't see anywhere else I can connect them to.
Same with a build I've done for my friend with a Raidmax Smilodon case and a GA-P35C-DS3R, which I also have the cables connected to a connector near the top pci slot on the mobo, but no sound there as well.
Too bad the instructions supplied don't help that much.
No biggie though, I don't use headphones nor do I use mics.

September 24, 2007 6:59:44 PM

Ah, well I use my headphones often and I'd really like to stick them on the front panel.. but it seems that we're so newbish we aren't worth of help by the rest of the community ;(
Related resources
September 25, 2007 4:57:43 AM

On most motherboards I've seen, the connector you're looking for will show up just behind the built-in sound card. This was the case with my Gigabyte GA-P35-DS3R also.
September 26, 2007 11:06:34 PM

Thanks, I'll look it up.
!