5000 BE Temps

jagman04

Distinguished
Sep 7, 2006
Just got my setup finished and i am running some higher temps than i expected. My setup is 5000 Black Edition processor. Asus m3n32 Deluxe Wi-Fi Edition, 2gb Corsair XMS2 5-5-5-12 evga 8800gt SSC edition and a thermaltake tmg-a1 heatpipe cooler (i know not the best but pretty good). I raised the multi to 15.5 and an running at stock voltage which brings me to 3.1ghz. My temps are about 50-51 idle and 58-59 under load. I applied the AS5 according to the website instructions so that shouldnt be an issue with too much paste. Any ideas?

closed_deal

Distinguished
Oct 30, 2007
AS5 needs time to break in initally, and you can have too much paste. Frozen pea size or a tad smaller ideally then spread it evenly over the CPU. Those temps are high and you know your cooler isn't the best, but maybe throw a couple of case fans in to increase airflow only a few quid so wont hurt.

jagman04

Distinguished
Sep 7, 2006
ok so after about 24 hours the temps have dropped a bit, idle is now about 41-42 and load is 55-56 still a bit high compared to what ive been reading around town, i took off the HS and removed the paste from it and the processor, soon as i re-apply with a smaller ammount and put back into action ill see if its better.

guruboy

Distinguished
Aug 7, 2006
The Brisbanes have had some problems with reporting incorrect temps, though it's true that those seem maybe just a little high. Do what that guy said ^

ohiou_grad_06

Distinguished
Patater, yours might be ok, to the op, might want to look at some more case fans as suggested. I currently have an Athlon x2 5200 Windsor, and speedfan shows my temp as 27C on the core right now. Only running stock cooler and thermal paste, but then I have a fan in the side of my case that is about as big around as a soccer ball blowing right onto the chip and board, and an 80mm fan to pull out the back.

patater

Distinguished
Dec 28, 2007
you only put a small bb thing on...no idea. is your case choked off like oh grad stated as possiblity? i usually take a clean new razorblade and spread the paste out as thin as i can get it on the hs and set that puppy on there. i know some people are all about the bb, but i havent fried a chip yet. maybe you want to redo it, or check out your cross flow and air input to output ratio...