Sign in with
Your question

Returning video cards at newegg?

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
October 6, 2007 7:56:42 PM

Is it possible i could get the 2950XT in november, and then overclock the hell out of it in games, and return in within 30 days and by then it'll be around december which i could get a Dual chip 2950XT2 by then?
October 6, 2007 8:14:08 PM

According to NE's return policy they will only take cards within 14 to 30 days if the card is defective. You'll then get the option to RMA for the exact same card. There is no way they will send you a higher performance card as a replacement because thats now how thier return policy works. Sorry bud, you can't crack the Egg.
October 6, 2007 8:35:41 PM

i meant return the card for a full refund in cash, not exchanging cards
Related resources
October 6, 2007 9:09:24 PM

And people wonder why American ideals are hated the world round ...
October 6, 2007 9:15:25 PM

The short answer is no.
October 6, 2007 10:26:40 PM

Lol. Thats like buying a car putting a 100000 miles on it and wanting a full refund so you can buy a new one. The world doesnt work like that.

EVGA has an upgrade plan on their cards.
October 6, 2007 10:52:40 PM

pretty sure you cant do that, neweggs not that dumb
October 7, 2007 12:05:26 AM

devilray26 said:
Is it possible i could get the 2950XT in november, and then overclock the hell out of it in games, and return in within 30 days and by then it'll be around december which i could get a Dual chip 2950XT2 by then?

Nope OCing will kill any chance of return and your warrenty.
October 7, 2007 12:59:26 AM

nhobo said:
And people wonder why American ideals are hated the world round ...
Don't try to link me with that thief.

I'm sure no one in any other countries would ever try to pull something like this. Lord knows the rest of the world is completely moral, except the occasional act of genocide and maybe just a little teeny weeny bit of corruption here or there :sarcastic: 
October 7, 2007 1:12:20 AM

Zorg said:
Don't try to link me with that thief.

I'm sure no one in any other countries would ever try to pull something like this. Lord knows the rest of the world is completely moral, except the occasional act of genocide and maybe just a little teeny weeny bit of corruption here or there :sarcastic: 

Awww and just when i was starting to think the Eu was per-fect. Daaamn.

On a side note...

NO!
October 7, 2007 1:30:08 AM

devilray26 said:

You might want to spend the $ that you invest in your computer on a retainer with a good trial lawyer. I think sometime in your life you are really going to need a lawyer to try and get your arse out of the slammer.

October 7, 2007 2:07:09 AM

Trying to beat the system is a sure method to alienate yourself from those with integrity. Personally, I have no time to further address your question.
October 7, 2007 2:36:28 AM

You guys are retards at common sense. Newegg's standard return policy states that you can return it for a full refund minus 15% restocking fee within 30 days. Obviously i can get the 2950XT and return it within 30 days, i would see why not.
October 7, 2007 2:42:53 AM

Well why not wait instead of losing 15% of the price?
October 7, 2007 2:43:25 AM

Well more power if you can. Some of their cards have a refundable return and some are replacement only. Depends on the brand. Its idiots like you that close the loop holes.
October 7, 2007 2:44:56 AM

I will make sure i get the one with the refundable return.
October 7, 2007 2:46:45 AM

elbert said:
Nope OCing will kill any chance of return and your warrenty.

What the poster is talking is BS just like what you posted. Big brother is not checking to see if you overclocked your CPU or GPU.
October 7, 2007 2:55:58 AM

There is NO way to check to see if you overclocked unless the card is fried. which i doubt it will
October 7, 2007 2:56:06 AM

devilray26 said:
You guys are retards at common sense. Newegg's standard return policy states that you can return it for a full refund minus 15% restocking fee within 30 days. Obviously i can get the 2950XT and return it within 30 days, i would see why not.

Yes, we're the "retards," yet you're wanting to buy a card, OC it, and than return it while paying a 15% restocking fee. Yup, that's clearly what a normal, sensible person does, not a retard.

Oh God...the stupidity is over-whelming in this one. :|
October 7, 2007 3:12:23 AM

devilray26 said:

We're the retards? Insteading of just reading the NewEgg's site on thier return policy you instead as a retard question on these forums only to not get the answer you were hoping for then decided to actually read the website to then come back here to answer your very own question. Yea buddy, we're the retards. Riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight.
October 7, 2007 3:16:04 AM

Why did you even bother to post this question? All you did is put yourself out to the world as a thief. Don't get me wrong I'm not pissed off, I couldn't care less. Do it, let us know if you get burned so we can all have a good laugh.
October 7, 2007 3:21:47 AM

Actually the funny part is that he's not a thief, but he's actually ripping himself off by basically "Leasing" a graphics card, which is in turn a very idiotic thing to do when the monthly fee will be 15% of the retail price of the card ($390 x 15% = $58.50). There's no loophole in newegg's policy, it's actually intended to screw people who think are smart but actually are dumber than the average retard.
October 7, 2007 3:23:03 AM

I feel the situation has warranted one of these...

Image Deleted By Moderator
October 7, 2007 3:29:52 AM

Hey guyz I R just robbed a bank at gunpoints Can R return teh money n be okayz?
October 7, 2007 3:59:37 AM

emp said:
Actually the funny part is that he's not a thief, but he's actually ripping himself off by basically "Leasing" a graphics card, which is in turn a very idiotic thing to do when the monthly fee will be 15% of the retail price of the card ($390 x 15% = $58.50). There's no loophole in newegg's policy, it's actually intended to screw people who think are smart but actually are dumber than the average retard.
He isn't technically a thief if he operates within the law. He's just a punk trying to get over, ultimately at other Newegg consumer's expense. By the way the whole restocking fee was brought up later, that wasn't his initial idea.
October 7, 2007 4:02:04 AM

Zorg said:
He isn't technically a thief if he operates within the law. He's just a punk trying to get over, ultimately at other Newegg consumer's expense. By the way the whole restocking fee was brought up later, that wasn't his initial idea.

Given he called everyone a "retard" yet missed the restocking fee, makes you wonder A.) his age, B.) his intelligence, and finally C.) who's raising this child...
October 7, 2007 4:15:02 AM

Why slam him? Let him do whatever he wants
October 7, 2007 4:28:07 AM

vip3569 said:
Why slam him? Let him do whatever he wants

Because ultimately the consumer pays for his firetruckingup.

Hey, I am a businessman. I have policies. When I see that a consumer is firetrucking with my policies I quickly close the loophole. Or worse, I just raise my price for that product and say "screwyou" to the world.

By the way, what he is trying to do is what I call "renting for the weekend".

The comparative analogy is somebody that buys a high fashion dress, leaves the sales tags on the dress, and then returns the dress in a couple days complete with body odor, mustard and deoderant stains.

The DA calls it fraud. It is a criminal offense. It will get you jail time if they can prove intent. Difficult to prove, but alas when you are spending 60 hours nonstop in an interagation room you might just confess to being on the grassy knoll.

Newegg, like the dress shop, leaves the loop hole open for honest mistakes and well, to be blunt, consumer firetruckups. The return policy is not for weekend renters. It sure as hell ain't for somebody to intentionally oc the product and return it hoping the product is not damaged.

October 7, 2007 4:34:16 AM

Well put.
October 7, 2007 4:34:25 AM

justinmcg67 said:
I feel the situation has warranted one of these...

I know you were making a joke. I liked your joke. Unfortunately not everybody will share our sense of humor. Worse, some little punk will think he should act in the manner demonstrated in the picture. Maybe I am being overly sensitive, but I would substitute another picture.
October 7, 2007 5:54:26 AM

"Fire-truckups" or watever include shipping charge and 15% restock fee? doubt it
a b U Graphics card
a b K Overclocking
October 7, 2007 7:11:47 AM

With its millions of customers per year, and the likelyhood that those numbers mean that somebody at some point in time has tried this, don't you think newegg would have covered themselves?
October 7, 2007 7:22:24 AM

randomizer said:
With its millions of customers per year, and the likelyhood that those numbers mean that somebody at some point in time has tried this, don't you think newegg would have covered themselves?

Yep. Somebody has. Bet more than once.

And we are paying more for our parts because of such actions.
October 7, 2007 9:20:46 AM

devilray26 said:
You guys are retards at common sense...

Somehow I don't think we ever could be friends. I tend to stay away from people with your attitude.
October 7, 2007 11:41:43 AM

One bad apple!
October 7, 2007 6:48:43 PM

Spoils the barrel!
October 7, 2007 7:50:05 PM

devilray26 said:

If you have no morals, then I would see that being your pre-disposition.
BTW:grow up
October 7, 2007 9:11:55 PM

devilray26 said:

October 7, 2007 10:54:26 PM

devilray26 said:
There is NO way to check to see if you overclocked unless the card is fried. which i doubt it will

Really and you know this for fact? Seems it would be very easy to save a check to the cards bios if it were changed. I will agree they may not care as long as you don't fry the card but one never knows.

Now a good question is the 15% restocking fee cheaper than the step up program.
October 7, 2007 10:57:02 PM

EVGA's step up program is on nvidia cards only right? I mean i know EVGA is not a ATI card builder company so he can't even use the step up program cause the card he wants isn't made by them.
a b U Graphics card
a b K Overclocking
October 8, 2007 12:35:23 AM

elbert said:
Really and you know this for fact? Seems it would be very easy to save a check to the cards bios if it were changed. I will agree they may not care as long as you don't fry the card but one never knows.

Now a good question is the 15% restocking fee cheaper than the step up program.

Unlikely, especially if you do a driver level overclock. Remember that the clocks are always fluctuating anyway by a few hundred kHz, are they going to log that too? The BIOS is too small to hold logs of changes, and besides, if it did log them, the BIOS would have to increase in size would it not? I have flashed my BIOS several times and it is always EXACTLY the same size, even after many "normal" overclocks. For all intents and purposes there is no practical way of knowing if it was overclocked by a windows utility, especially if it was a driver level overclock.
October 8, 2007 1:48:32 AM

Here's the real question: what makes you think a 2950XT2 will even exist within a month of the 2950XT coming out?

And also, what makes you think that a moderator wouldn't read this topic and then inform Newegg about what you're considering, and what makes you think that TF wouldn't disclose your identity to them since you're trying to commit a felony???

You are an idiot.
October 8, 2007 1:59:37 AM

chedrz said:
Here's the real question: what makes you think a 2950XT2 will even exist within a month of the 2950XT coming out?

And also, what makes you think that a moderator wouldn't read this topic and then inform Newegg about what you're considering, and what makes you think that TF wouldn't disclose your identity to them since you're trying to commit a felony???

You are an idiot.

I fail to see how it's a felony...and TF won't give any personal information. It's just using the product and returning it, which is okay with the newegg policy. Undoubtedly, this is a very retarded and unjust thing to do, thus newegg charges the 15% restocking fee. I'd say there is no free lunch here. The situation here is similar to that of an unsatisfied customer who wants to return the product to get most of his money back, however the intent is different.

Go ahead and do it and lose $65 just because you couldn't wait. You don't get anything good out of this.
October 8, 2007 2:22:44 AM

The horse is dead already..................
a b U Graphics card
a b K Overclocking
October 8, 2007 3:19:28 AM

caamsa said:
The horse is dead already..................

Well summed up.
October 8, 2007 3:29:20 AM

Step up doesn't really apply since the OP is talking about ATI/AMD cards.

-mcg
October 8, 2007 3:09:59 PM

one thing to add, not only would he have to pay the 15% restocking fee, but when you return an item to Newegg, you have to pay the shipping as well.
!