new sound card

cptmac

Distinguished
Jun 27, 2007
Simple question, I’m looking at the BIOS screen and I want to disable my on board sound. It’s a Gigabyte P35 DQ6. Where would I find that option. Thanks.

cptmac

Distinguished
Jun 27, 2007
Thank you very much akhilles. This was my first build and I have been hammered for not buying the ASUS Striker. Who would know that azalia codec is windows on board sound. And it took me 15 minutes to figure out how to change disable to enable. I mean stare at that BIOS screen and show me how you make the switch. Software developers keeping the techs on their toes.

cptmac

Distinguished
Jun 27, 2007
Thank you, you done good. I am up and running. The only screw up I have to fix is, I installed the Raptor to handle the OS and programs. The WD 750 was for storage, movies you know. When I reinstalled Vista, it loaded onto the 750. Now that my machine is working, should I uninstall Vista from the Raptor, where it was originally. Remember it was on the Raptor when it totally crashed. Now it's on the 750 where I don't want it, but it's not crashing there. Delete it off the Raptor and drag it off the 750 to the Raptor?

GuyAmI

Distinguished
Feb 8, 2007
You could always get a good cloning programme like Acronis and just clone the install from the 750 onto the Raptor. If you do you'll just want to make sure that the raptor isn't holding anything important, then just eliminate any partitions already on it.

Although if you have the time you certainly could just reinstall everything back onto the Raptor, there's nothing that says you can't do it that way.

akhilles

Splendid
No problem.

You want software to run fast? Put it on the raptor.

There's no uninstall option for Vista/XP. It's not good biz, from MS's standpoint. :)

The Raptor that crashed might have its partition corrupt, so Vista may not show it. You can click Advanced in setup & partition the Raptor as a whole disk & install Vista on it.

Oh, and most BIOSes use the same keys to change: + or - or pageup or pagedown or just enter then change using arrow/direction keys. The only advance in BIOS I've seen is Asus' bios profiles. 2 for each board. You could save a summer o/c in one & a winter o/c in another. They're stored in bios. Confusing, isn't it? I think Gigabyte can save settings to a floppy, not 100% sure about it.