Sign in with
Your question

Should I reseat my Tuniq Tower?? CPU temp??

Last response: in Systems
September 19, 2007 3:16:57 AM

First off let me say that I know there are a bunch of posts regarding CPU temperature, but could not get the answer I was looking for as mostly everyone was posting their OC'd temps.

I am running a stock Q6600 with a Tuniq Tower and AS5 (applied like how the AS5 website says to) and I do not know what to make of the temperatures... 40, 36, 30, 34 on idle (used both SpeedFan and Core Temp).

I ran an instance of Prime95 and got this..

My room temp is around 78F

Now shouldn't I be getting lower temps with my current setup (Antec 900 case, Tuniq Tower, etc)? Should I try to reseat my cooler?

Thanks for all your help!
September 19, 2007 10:23:01 PM

anyone??
September 19, 2007 11:03:41 PM

This is to hot for stock temps, your only supposed to use a pea sized amount of AS5. The AS5 website uses way to much AS5, they want to sell as much AS5 as they can, so sure there going to tell you to huge amounts. Remember your only filling the microscopic vallys, use to much AS5 can cause the heat to build-up rather than the transfer of the heat.

Filling the microscopic vallys doesn't require that much AS5, use a pea sized amount and spread it from the center (I used my finger) of the CPU out to the edges. Tighten the TT 120 screws to 80-90% tight because to more pressure you have on the CPU the better the heat transfer. My TT 120 screws are 90% tight and at stock temps for my E6600 idle is 18c with 27c load.

!